Home > Claritin > Constipation > Claritin and Constipation
Review: could Claritin cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Claritin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Pain.
We study 22,727 people who have side effects while taking Claritin from FDA and social media. Among them, 628 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Claritin and have Constipation >>>
Claritin (latest outcomes from 24,189 users) has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergen.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,750 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 22,727 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin. Among them, 628 people (2.76%) have Constipation.
Time on Claritin when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Claritin * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Claritin * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Claritin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (86 people, 13.69%)
- Osteoporosis (67 people, 10.67%)
- Multiple myeloma (47 people, 7.48%)
- Muscle spasms (35 people, 5.57%)
- Insomnia (30 people, 4.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (157 people, 25.00%)
- Oxycontin (142 people, 22.61%)
- Aspirin (139 people, 22.13%)
- Prilosec (136 people, 21.66%)
- Claritin-d (123 people, 19.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Claritin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Claritin and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Claritin
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Gastro with constipation in a 4 year old only cause pain at night?
(Asked by a 4 year old boy who has Constipation, Gastroenteritis - Viral)
In childrens hospital now have given the tag virus for stomach pain at night that is relieved by morphine
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Vulvovaginal Dryness During Intercourse, Acne Cystic, Bilateral Stenosis, Irregularity Of Bowels, Muscle Tightness, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Menstruation - Painful, Painful Sexual Intercourse, Pelvic Discomfort, Chest Pain, Abdominal Bloating, Deep Knee Pain, Extreme Thigh Pain, Sometimes Bulging, Flattened/deflated & Bulging Discs, Chronic Pain, Hirsutism, and takes Soma, Norco)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
More questions for: Claritin, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Simple Partial Seizures, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Constipation, Nausea, Chills, and takes Celexa)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Lithium constipation and tremor
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Constipation, and takes Lexapro)
After taking Lithium Carb for about three months, I realize I've been moderately constipated for several weeks. I also have been nauseous and suddenly realize that it's probably related to the nausea and maybe the cause of it.
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
(Posted by a 42 year old man who has Epilepsy, Generalized Tonic-clonic Seizure, Myoclonic Epilepsy, Partial Seizures, Constipation, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Depression, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Gums - Bleeding, Agitation, Aggression, and takes Valproate Sodium, Lexapro, Topamax)
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Claritin, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Hypertension. The patient has Heat Exhaustion
Comments: also take Phentermine 37.5 mg
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Abilify, Clonidine for a patient with Allergies, Adhd. The patient has
Comments: I was wondering how the drugs given to my young stepdaughter work together. Because she takes these medications I do not feel comfortable giving her other types of over the counter medications such as acetamenaphine, ibuprofen, etc.
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a patient with Depression. The patient has Constipation
Comments: Constipation with mucous in BM
More related studies for: Claritin, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.