Review: could Claritin cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Claritin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Depression.
We study 22,748 people who have side effects while taking Claritin from FDA and social media. Among them, 115 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Claritin and have High blood sugar >>>
Claritin has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 24,207 Claritin users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 22,744 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin. Among them, 115 people (0.51%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Claritin when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Claritin * :
|High blood sugar||64.10%||35.90% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Claritin * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.88%||0.88%||11.40%||30.70%||12.28%||43.86% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Claritin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (18 people, 15.65%)
- Pain (17 people, 14.78%)
- Bipolar disorder (13 people, 11.30%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 10.43%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (11 people, 9.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (30 people, 26.09%)
- Vioxx (29 people, 25.22%)
- Zometa (28 people, 24.35%)
- Prilosec (27 people, 23.48%)
- Albuterol (26 people, 22.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Claritin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Claritin and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Claritin
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nexium Iv for a 55-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Proair Hfa, Niacin And Niacinamide, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium for a 55-year old woman with Allergies, Multiple Allergies, Irt Test, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heel Pain
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a 67-year old man with Gout. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
- A study of side effects of Menadione for a 33-year old woman with Routine Health Maintenance. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar), Dizziness, Shortness Of Breath, Stomach Pain, Vomiting Projectile
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman with Separation Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Asthma, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Allergies. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Peripheral, Muscle Twitching, Pulse, Sleeping Difficulty, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Recent Claritin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.