Home > Claritin > Nosebleeds > Claritin and Nosebleeds
Review: could Claritin cause Nosebleeds (Nosebleed)?
We study 22,718 people who have side effects while taking Claritin from FDA and social media. Among them, 223 have Nosebleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nosebleeds and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Claritin and have Nosebleeds >>>
Claritin (latest outcomes from 24,181 users) has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies.
On Sep, 9, 2014: 22,718 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin. Among them, 223 people (0.98%) have Nosebleeds.
Time on Claritin when people have Nosebleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nosebleeds when taking Claritin * :
Age of people who have Nosebleeds when taking Claritin * :
Severity of Nosebleeds when taking Claritin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nosebleeds ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypersensitivity (11 people, 4.93%)
- Asthma (9 people, 4.04%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 3.59%)
- Multiple allergies (8 people, 3.59%)
- Multiple myeloma (6 people, 2.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Claritin-d (52 people, 23.32%)
- Accutane (34 people, 15.25%)
- Flonase (30 people, 13.45%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (18 people, 8.07%)
- Premarin (16 people, 7.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nosebleeds while taking Claritin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Claritin and have Nosebleeds
- group for people who take Claritin
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
I really believe we are missing the mark on my 8 year old son. He has been sick'like since he was 4 months old. He is being treated for ADHD/Aspergers/Allergies, but he is NO better. Now, he has petechiae around his eyes.
I'm at a loss. He has been cleared of Pediatric RA. Now what?
Docta12 on Mar, 25, 2014:
I find it interesting that your child has both ADHD and bleeding both which are linked to Vitamin K defeciency. I would have your child tested for Vitamin K, D, Zinc, iron, hemoglobin defects like sickle cell, and a great history and physical from a doctor who takes the time to check for other sources. These are blood tests by the way. He should also have ALCAT allergy testing for foods.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Claritin, Nosebleeds
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
More reviews for: Claritin, Nosebleeds
On eHealthMe, Claritin (loratadine) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Claritin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Claritin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Latuda for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine, Nerve Pain, Bipolar 2 (54 minutes ago)
- Micronor for a 38-year old woman who has Pain (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
Recent user comments
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (6 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (1 hour ago)
- Xifaxan (salix Pharms) 200mg
- Cortex Magnoliae Officinalis
- Caduet (pfizer) Eq 5mg Base;eq 10mg Base
- Orapred Odt (medicis) Eq 15mg Base
- Alisma Plantago Aquatica Subsp Orientale