Review: could Claritin cause Seizures?
Summary: Seizures is reported only by a few people who take Claritin.
We study 22,748 people who have side effects while taking Claritin from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Seizures and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Claritin and have Seizures >>>
Claritin has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 24,208 Claritin users)
Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, pain, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, epilepsy. (latest reports from 2,117 Seizures patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 22,748 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin. Among them, 1 people (0.00%) has Seizures.
Time on Claritin when people have Seizures * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Seizures when taking Claritin * :
Age of people who have Seizures when taking Claritin * :
Severity of Seizures when taking Claritin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Seizures ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Urticaria (1 people, 100.00%)
- Seizures (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Depakote er (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of claritin and seizures on
Do you have Seizures while taking Claritin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Claritin and have Seizures
- support group for people who take Claritin
- support group for people who have Seizures
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a 7-year old boy with Allergies. The patient has Temper Tantrums, Anger
- A study of drug interactions between Simethicone, Albuterol, Symbicort, Ritalin, Megace, Pepcid, Claritin, Morphine, Ativan, Remeron, Tarceva for a 58-year old man with Bloating, Copd, Shortness Of Breath, Stimulants, Nasal Allergies, Allergies, Genital Pain, Anxiety, Depression, Lung Cancer. The patient has Fat Tissue Increased, Depression, Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a 66-year old woman with Rhinitis Allergic. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Mirtazapine, Phenytoin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old man with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Epilepsy, Vomiting Blood. The patient has Decreased Appetite, Vomiting, Seizures, Traumatic Brain Injury, Anxiety, Depression, Alcohol Abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Pulmicort, Metformin, Aspirin, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Irbesartan, Januvia for a 51-year old woman with Hay Fever, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Asthma, Diabetes Mellitus, Abnormal Clotting Factor, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes
Recent Claritin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.