Home > Claritin > Upper respiratory tract infection > Claritin and Upper respiratory tract infection
Review: could Claritin cause Upper respiratory tract infection?
Summary: Upper respiratory tract infection is found among people who take Claritin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Pain.
We study 22,727 people who have side effects while taking Claritin from FDA and social media. Among them, 311 have Upper respiratory tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Upper respiratory tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Claritin and have Upper respiratory tract infection >>>
Claritin (latest outcomes from 24,189 users) has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergen.
Upper respiratory tract infection
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (latest reports from 124,297 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 22,727 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin. Among them, 311 people (1.37%) have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.
Time on Claritin when people have Upper respiratory tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upper respiratory tract infection||21.43%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Claritin * :
|Upper respiratory tract infection||69.81%||30.19% |
Age of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Claritin * :
|Upper respiratory tract infection||0.00%||2.40%||1.71%||1.03%||11.99%||30.48%||20.55%||31.85% |
Severity of Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Claritin ** :
How people recovered from Upper respiratory tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (35 people, 11.25%)
- Multiple myeloma (29 people, 9.32%)
- Hypersensitivity (25 people, 8.04%)
- Depression (24 people, 7.72%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (24 people, 7.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (94 people, 30.23%)
- Vioxx (84 people, 27.01%)
- Claritin-d (81 people, 26.05%)
- Neurontin (66 people, 21.22%)
- Prednisone (60 people, 19.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection while taking Claritin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Claritin and have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Claritin
- support group for people who have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does calritin or loratidine cause fainting?
(Asked by a 31 year old man who has Rash Scaly, Syncope, and takes Claritin)
31 year old healthy male, never takes any medications and rarely gets sick had a bad allergy season and took Claritin (24 hr) once daily for two months.
Randomly had a syncope/fainting episode and a week later still feeling lightheaded/fainting feeling. Also has random bumpy rash on right elbow. ...
- I have been taking bactrim 800/160mg for one week, and since i have been taking it i have more intense cramps and heavier bleeding for a few hours after taking it?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Heavier Bleeding, More Intense Menstrual Cramps, and takes Loratadine)
I have an abnormal menstrual cycle due to endometriosis, and am not on any form of contraceptive at this time. I normally have light bleeding every day, but after taking the medication I bleed more and cramp more.
- Does budénoside influence ecg behaviour?
(Asked by a 10 year old boy who has ECG Abnormal, and takes Loratadine, Triamcinolone)
Exercing sport activities may be enhenced when ECG is abnormal for a child of 10 years old?
More questions for: Claritin, Upper respiratory tract infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Spondylolysis, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Lordosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Chronic Sinusitis, Chronic Gastritis, Insomnia, and takes Fentanyl, Gabapentin, Concerta, Cymbalta, Norco, Baclofen, Loratadine, Flonase, Omeprazole, Melatonin)
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has Cellulitis And Clindamycin, Urge Incontinance, Hyperacidity, Beta-thalassemia Minor, Degenerative Joint Disease, Post-thyroidectomy, Non-cardiac Chest Pain, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Dimenhydrinate, Calcium, Loratadine, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride)
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
More reviews for: Claritin, Upper respiratory tract infection
- A study of side effects of Claritin for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Tic (a sudden, repetitive, nonrhythmic motor movement or vocalization involving discrete muscle groups), Psychosis
Comments: wasnt told to discontinue after allergy season or symptom relief. prescribed 1x day. took continously for 1-1.5 years. tics developed so med was stopped suddenly. psychotic type thoughts began emerging the last year of use, but not recognized as a psychosis until suicidal ideation was verbalized. on ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Probiotic, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Multivitamin, Aspirin, Calcium Citrate, Meloxicam, Exelon, Nexium, Lantus, Novolog, Escitalopram, Lisinopril for a patient with Allergy To Plants, Cats/dogs Dander, Trees And Grasses, Chronic Pain, Intestinal Health Increase Healthy Bacteria Destroyed By Aspartame, Joint Stiffness, For Women Over 50, No Iron,need Lutein,etc., Preventative, Osteopenia, Stiffness In A Joint, Dementia, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Chronic Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Dementia Due To Other General Medical Condition, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Aggravated, Depression, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle.
Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/rupt ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Methotrexate, Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Folic Acid, Co-codamol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Adalat for a patient with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome/osteoarthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon. The patient has Skin Blushing/flushing, Hypoxia, Fatigue - Chronic, Gout, Breathlessness
Comments: Lung function tests outcome - OK for someone with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome. Sprirometery Tests - 320 (normal between 300 - 400) GP told me. Hypoxia diagnosed when I went for pre-op testing and again after op. GP told me everything was normal.
After knee arthroscopy recently - surgeon told me I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lovastatin, Singulair, Flonase, Claritin, Omeprazole, Mucinex, Benadryl for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Allergies, Gerd, Sleep Aid. The patient has
Comments: I have had some episodes where when having a BM I would have a vasovagal response. Severe migraine headache, sweating,extreme weakness, head pounding, and tightness in my neck. After two trips to the ER,I was hospitalized for 6 days recently because I have a family history of aneurysms. While in the ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Symbicort, Dexilant, Prilosec, Proair Hfa, Duoneb, Claritin - 10MG, Zyrtec Allergy, Benadryl for a patient with Eosinophilic Pneumonia, Asthma, Acid Reflux, Allergic Sinusitis, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication). The patient has Eosinophilic Pneumonia
Comments: Developed sudden onset severe asthma while feeding a bird on my shoulder, in the zoo's bird aviary, 2 ½ years ago. Never had breathing problems in my life, but couldn’t breath after hour long choking spell I suffered when the bird flew away. From that night until my lung collapsed two months late ...
More related studies for: Claritin, Upper respiratory tract infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (6 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (2 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (6 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (26 minutes ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (1 hour ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (2 hours ago)