Review: could Claritin cause Upper respiratory tract infection?
Summary: Upper respiratory tract infection is found among people who take Claritin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Pain.
We study 22,744 people who have side effects while taking Claritin from FDA and social media. Among them, 311 have Upper respiratory tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Upper respiratory tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Claritin and have Upper respiratory tract infection >>>
Claritin has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 24,207 Claritin users)
Upper respiratory tract infection
Upper respiratory tract infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 20,124 Upper respiratory tract infection patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 22,744 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin. Among them, 311 people (1.37%) have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.
Time on Claritin when people have Upper respiratory tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upper respiratory tract infection||21.43%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Claritin * :
|Upper respiratory tract infection||69.81%||30.19% |
Age of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Claritin * :
|Upper respiratory tract infection||0.00%||2.40%||1.71%||1.03%||11.99%||30.48%||20.55%||31.85% |
Severity of Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Claritin ** :
How people recovered from Upper respiratory tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (35 people, 11.25%)
- Multiple myeloma (29 people, 9.32%)
- Hypersensitivity (25 people, 8.04%)
- Depression (24 people, 7.72%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (24 people, 7.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (94 people, 30.23%)
- Vioxx (84 people, 27.01%)
- Claritin-d (81 people, 26.05%)
- Neurontin (66 people, 21.22%)
- Prednisone (60 people, 19.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection while taking Claritin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Claritin and have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Claritin
- support group for people who have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Proair Hfa, Niacin And Niacinamide, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium for a 55-year old woman with Allergies, Multiple Allergies, Irt Test, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heel Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman with Separation Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Asthma, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Allergies. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Peripheral, Muscle Twitching, Pulse, Sleeping Difficulty, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of side effects of Dexilant for a 53-year old woman with Acid Reflux. The patient has Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- A study of side effects of Children's Claritin for a 71-year old woman with Allergy. The patient has Pots
Recent Claritin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.