Home > Clindamycin hydrochloride > Burning sensation > Clindamycin hydrochloride and Burning sensation
Review: could Clindamycin hydrochloride cause Burning sensation?
Summary: Burning sensation is found among people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nevirapine, and have Prophylaxis.
We study 1,114 people who have side effects while taking Clindamycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Burning sensation. Find out below who they are, when they have Burning sensation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Burning sensation >>>
Clindamycin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 1,316 users) has active ingredients of clindamycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection.
Burning sensation (latest reports from 122,188 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 1,109 people reported to have side effects when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride. Among them, 6 people (0.54%) have Burning Sensation.
Time on Clindamycin hydrochloride when people have Burning sensation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Burning sensation||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Burning sensation when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride * :
|Burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Burning sensation when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Burning sensation||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Burning sensation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 16.67%)
- Urinary tract infection (1 people, 16.67%)
- Breast cancer (1 people, 16.67%)
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy (1 people, 16.67%)
- Hysterectomy (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nevirapine (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pyrimethamine tab (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pentamidine (1 people, 16.67%)
- Chloral hydrate (1 people, 16.67%)
- Didanosine (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Burning Sensation while taking Clindamycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Burning Sensation
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Burning Sensation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will limu products effect an outbreak in vaginal herpes for long term use?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Vaginal Herpes Outbreak, and takes L-Lysine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride)
I've been taking limu for a week and I'm h having a major outbreak of herpes. I take lysine daiy to minimise my outbreaks. Is there to much acid in this products for me to take and not have such a major outbreak?
- Is skin peeling/cracking/flaking common with use of clundamycin hydro?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Cellulitis Staphylococcal, Celiac Disease - Nutritional Considerations, Peanut Allergy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Mental Illness, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Sertraline, Lamictal, Adderall 30, Baclofen, Hydroxyzine Pamoate)
I was diagnosed with cellulitis staph in my left thumb 2 weeks ago, half way through taking clindamycin hydrochloride my right thumb and forefinger started to crack/flake/peel and its slowly peeling further down my fingers and on to the other fingers. the left thumb with the cellulitis is only peel ...
- 80 year old woman has abscessed tooth, started amoxicillian, hydrocodone, threw up for a day, in hospital, now has low sodium count of 116. iv of clindamycin, restricted fluids, sodium back up to 123
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Low Sodium (116, Brought Up To 123 Too Quickly) Abscessed Tooth, Hard To Stabilize Sodium Level Even In Hospital)
is pain from tooth causing problems with adh hormone? What are causes of isadh? This patient also has a severe abscessed tooth and is 80 years old.
More questions for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Burning sensation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has REFLUX, LOSS OF VOICE, Now Diagnosed With DES, LRP, DYSPHONIA, and takes HCTZ, Clindamycin)
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice ...
More reviews for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Burning sensation
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Multiple Drug Overdose. The patient has Throbbing Headache
Comments: also experienced dizzy spells, loss of appetite, stiffness in neck
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Dehydration. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)
Comments: My blood pressure is scaring me, very very low 80/64 or lower but my pulse rate is high 104 I feel fluttering and pain in my chest and constant constant thirst. I began drinking several large glasses of water and my BP and pulse improved. As soon as I take my next dose within an hour my BP is in t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Vistaril, Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Tooth Infection. The patient has Heartburn
Comments: 5 minutes after taking clindamycin hcl, i had heartburn so bad i though i was gonna puke. it was very painful and when i burped i threw up in my mouth and it tasted horrible.
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Swollen Big Toe And Foot
Comments: I had a hip reconstruction due to toxic levels of cobalt & titanium ball and rod. Five petri dishes of tissue were taken at surgical site and a bacteria was found in one petri dish which could have actually been in the tissue or could have been dropped on the petri dish by anyone handling the sampl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pennsaid, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Butrans, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Inflammation, Muscle Tightness, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication), Infection. The patient has Pain - Joints, Tendonitis Exacerbated
Comments: Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
More related studies for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Burning sensation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.