Review: could Clindamycin hydrochloride cause Burning sensation?
Summary: Burning sensation is found among people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nevirapine, and have Preventive health care.
We study 1,128 people who have side effects while taking Clindamycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Burning sensation. Find out below who they are, when they have Burning sensation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Burning sensation >>>
Clindamycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of clindamycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 1,331 Clindamycin hydrochloride users)
Burning sensation has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 23,254 Burning sensation patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 1,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride. Among them, 6 people (0.53%) have Burning Sensation.
Time on Clindamycin hydrochloride when people have Burning sensation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Burning sensation||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Burning sensation when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride * :
|Burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Burning sensation when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Burning sensation||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Burning sensation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 16.67%)
- Urinary tract infection (1 people, 16.67%)
- Breast cancer (1 people, 16.67%)
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy (1 people, 16.67%)
- Hysterectomy (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nevirapine (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pyrimethamine tab (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pentamidine (1 people, 16.67%)
- Chloral hydrate (1 people, 16.67%)
- Didanosine (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Burning Sensation while taking Clindamycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Burning Sensation
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Burning Sensation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a 27-year old woman with Folliculitis. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a 30-year old woman with Vaginitis Bacterial. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a 48-year old woman with Tooth Injury. The patient has Diarrhoea Infectious (bacteria, viruses, and other germs can cause diarrhoea)
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
Recent Clindamycin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.