Home > Clindamycin > Hair loss > Clindamycin and Hair loss
Review: could Clindamycin cause Hair loss?
We study 1,109 people who have side effects while taking Clindamycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Hair loss >>>
Clindamycin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 1,311 users) has active ingredients of clindamycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,047 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 1,107 people reported to have side effects when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride. Among them, 5 people (0.45%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Clindamycin hydrochloride when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Candidiasis (3 people, 60.00%)
- Osteomyelitis (3 people, 60.00%)
- Infection (1 people, 20.00%)
- Acne (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paroxetine hcl (3 people, 60.00%)
- Methadone hcl (3 people, 60.00%)
- Prochlorperazine edisylate (3 people, 60.00%)
- Baclofen (3 people, 60.00%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Clindamycin Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
Have been on antibiotics for acne for 2 years (oxytetracline,lymecycline and clindamycin since Jan 2013). Hair loss started two to three months after starting clindamycin
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
More reviews for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Clindamycin Hydrochloride (clindamycin hydrochloride) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Clindamycin Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Clindamycin Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Bactrim for a 58-year old man who has UTI (5 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B Complex Vitamin, Acyclovir, Imuran, Mestinon for a 31-year old woman who has AAT Deficiency, Myasthenia Gravis, Vitamin B-1 Deficiency, Oral Herpes (29 minutes ago)
- Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a 54-year old woman who has Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, PMS (42 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Esophageal Spasm and Dystonia
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (42 minutes ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (3 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (3 hours ago)
- Ill Defined Disorder
- Adderall Xr 25