Review: could Clindamycin hydrochloride cause Mouth ulcers?
Summary: Mouth ulcers is reported only by a few people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride.
We study 1,115 people who have side effects while taking Clindamycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Mouth ulcers. Find out below who they are, when they have Mouth ulcers and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Mouth ulcers >>>
Clindamycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of clindamycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Clindamycin hydrochloride 1,318 users)
Mouth ulcers has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, pain, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Mouth ulcers 9,951 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 1,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride. Among them, 4 people (0.36%) have Mouth Ulcers.
Time on Clindamycin hydrochloride when people have Mouth ulcers * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mouth ulcers||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride * :
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Mouth ulcers when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mouth ulcers ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Headache (1 people, 25.00%)
- Oral infection (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Augmentin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Opium tincture (1 people, 25.00%)
- Heparin (1 people, 25.00%)
- Morphine sulfate (1 people, 25.00%)
- Vancomycin (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mouth Ulcers while taking Clindamycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Mouth Ulcers
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Mouth Ulcers
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months???? (1 answer)
24 hr. after last rituxan tx. developed horrible mouth uclers - mouth skin looked liked hanging chads in the mouth. 8 l/2 months later everything 17 specialists can think of have not worked...Any suggestions. Help this is awful
- Will limu products effect an outbreak in vaginal herpes for long term use?
I've been taking limu for a week and I'm h having a major outbreak of herpes. I take lysine daiy to minimise my outbreaks. Is there to much acid in this products for me to take and not have such a major outbreak?
- Is skin peeling/cracking/flaking common with use of clundamycin hydro?
I was diagnosed with cellulitis staph in my left thumb 2 weeks ago, half way through taking clindamycin hydrochloride my right thumb and forefinger started to crack/flake/peel and its slowly peeling further down my fingers and on to the other fingers. the left thumb with the cellulitis is only peeling in one tiny spot. the infection was very deep, close to the bone and did not surface to drain, it just kept swelling and hardening. I finished taking the medication and these effects are still happening. I do not know if I still have the infection because I have a hard knot in the side of my thumb where I believe it started and it is very painful. I feel like I am falling apart due to a very weak immune system and it takes weeks for anything on my body to heal.
I have 3 auto immune disorders: Celiac's Disease, Peanut Allergy and Rheumatoid Arthritis which make it very hard for me to heal and I always have complications if I get sick or infected or even get a zit. I am very frustrated due to the fact that I have concerning medical conditions but in all medical paperwork back to when I was 15, its stated that I have bi-polor and ANY time I seek help or tests or advice I am directed back to my psychiatrist/therapist! The funny thing is that when I told that to them, they laughed because right now my mental state is the only good going for me!! I need answers, I need advice, I need to break this cycle with the medical professionals so they will HEAR me and not assume I am seeking attention or seeking "diagnosis's". FRUSTRATED 'N' CONCERNED!
- 80 year old woman has abscessed tooth, started amoxicillian, hydrocodone, threw up for a day, in hospital, now has low sodium count of 116. iv of clindamycin, restricted fluids, sodium back up to 123
is pain from tooth causing problems with adh hormone? What are causes of isadh? This patient also has a severe abscessed tooth and is 80 years old.
More questions for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Mouth ulcers
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice, low grade nausea. have had multitude of tests - ie. EGD's, monometry, transesophageal (with transmitter to determine extent of now reflux) Have to eat small amounts of food at a time. Have lost 23 lbs. Affects my every day life - difficult to talk on phone, talking in groups - just limit my socialization. Could not work if I wanted to with voice. Throat is constantly sore.
- Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the lips and bleeding of the lips. These first problems led to me visiting the general practitioner who dismissed it as being just dry lips. But burning and stinging pain in lip increased to the point where I could not swallow anymore and had to go to the ER. They quickly dismissed it as being simple dehydration with the advise to try and drink as much as possible, but was also advised to stop Zoloft just to be on the safe side. The next day developed water-like mouth ulcers, which then changed into blood ulcers and had a fever jumping between 99.9 and 102.6 Fahrenheit. Went to doctors office again and was told that it was Steven-Johnsons Syndrome. Was given two types of crèmes in hope to stop it spreading and to relieve most of the lip problems. And was also told to take regular, as high as possible, Ibuprofen in order to keep pain under-control. The lip and all the other problems have now left, after 2 months. I am only left with visible scars on my lips. The pain was completely unbearable, felt like being burned, and am happy that pain is now gone.
- Mouth ulceration in cozaar
For painful mouth ulcers caused either by my blood pressure drug, Losartan, or my cholesterol med, Zetia, I rinsed my mouth with warm salt water. The ulcers are healed. I have other side effects but both these drugs cause similar symptoms it's impossible to tell which is causing certain side effects. Starting today, I am going off the Zetia. Losartan helps lower cholesterol AND lowers blood pressure so I am taking it alone for a month to see if the side effects are reduced by cutting out the Zetia.
- Slowing getting better from mouth ulcers
I took one Malerone pill and got bleeding mouth ulcers. Only one- then I stopped due to the issue I did not go on my safari but returned to Chicago. Ten days later it is slowly resolving with antibacterial mouth wash. Very scary- never had any issues with malerone before. Do not take any other medicines at all.
More reviews for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Mouth ulcers
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My blood pressure is scaring me, very very low 80/64 or lower but my pulse rate is high 104 I feel fluttering and pain in my chest and constant constant thirst. I began drinking several large glasses of water and my BP and pulse improved. As soon as I take my next dose within an hour my BP is in t ...
- I had a hip reconstruction due to toxic levels of cobalt & titanium ball and rod. Five petri dishes of tissue were taken at surgical site and a bacteria was found in one petri dish which could have actually been in the tissue or could have been dropped on the petri dish by anyone handling the sampl ...
- Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
- recurring cellulitis infection? Was hospitilized twice. 1st time left leg was infected, 1.5 weeks later was hospitalized for infection in right leg. Treated with Clindamycin both times and the infection cleared up. redness, swelling and warmness to the tough have all came back on my right leg. It st ...
- I have stopped using this drug as it has cause me a lot of problems as stated above and the Pharmaceutical drug company knew about my effects they just don't care or they would make better drugs with less side effects idiot scientist.
More related studies for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Mouth ulcers
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.