Review: could Clindamycin hydrochloride cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Accutane, and have Muscle spasms.
We study 1,130 people who have side effects while taking Clindamycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Upset stomach >>>
Clindamycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of clindamycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 1,332 Clindamycin hydrochloride users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,502 Upset stomach patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 1,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride. Among them, 28 people (2.48%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Clindamycin hydrochloride when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride * :
|Upset stomach||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||27.27%||13.64%||13.64%||22.73%||13.64% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||16.67%||83.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Upset stomach||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Muscle spasms (2 people, 7.14%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 7.14%)
- Tooth infection (2 people, 7.14%)
- Infection (2 people, 7.14%)
- Pain (2 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Accutane (5 people, 17.86%)
- Cleocin t (5 people, 17.86%)
- Minocycline hcl (5 people, 17.86%)
- Hydrocodone bitartrate + acetaminophen (4 people, 14.29%)
- Benzoyl peroxide 5% (4 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clindamycin hydrochloride and upset stomach on
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Clindamycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Depression, Skin Graft, Eyes - Yellow, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Confusional State, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 18-year old girl with Abscess. The patient has Vomiting, Fever, Throat - Sore
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Mirtazapine, Phenytoin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old man with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Epilepsy, Vomiting Blood. The patient has Decreased Appetite, Vomiting, Seizures, Traumatic Brain Injury, Anxiety, Depression, Alcohol Abuse
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a 36-year old woman with Tooth Infection. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Macrobid, Effexor Xr, Metformin for a 58-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection, Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Vomiting, Night Sweats, Urge Incontinence, Ear Congestion, Cough, Chest Ct, Scan Lymph Nodes
Recent Clindamycin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.