Review: could Clindamycin hydrochloride cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Azithromycin, and have Knee joint replacement.
We study 1,115 people who have side effects while taking Clindamycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Clindamycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of clindamycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Clindamycin hydrochloride 1,318 users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary Tract Infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Urinary Tract Infection 71,618 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 1,115 people reported to have side effects when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride. Among them, 13 people (1.17%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Clindamycin hydrochloride when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||22.22%||22.22%||33.33% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary tract infection||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Knee arthroplasty (2 people, 15.38%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (1 people, 7.69%)
- Pulmonary embolism (1 people, 7.69%)
- Metastases to bone (1 people, 7.69%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Azithromycin (4 people, 30.77%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 23.08%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 23.08%)
- Vecuronium bromide (2 people, 15.38%)
- Nitrazepam (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Clindamycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Warfarin and urinary infections (1 answer)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profession in the UK seem to think there is no correlation between warfarin and urinary infections. He has been checked out to see if there is a problem with his bladder/prostrate/kidneys but all are okay and the only link we can see is when his warfarin is increased to a high dose (10mg or above) he gets this infection.
Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know where I could go for more information on a possible link?
Thank you for your help.
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Will limu products effect an outbreak in vaginal herpes for long term use?
I've been taking limu for a week and I'm h having a major outbreak of herpes. I take lysine daiy to minimise my outbreaks. Is there to much acid in this products for me to take and not have such a major outbreak?
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection? (1 answer)
Burn feelings in the urethra (bottom of penis) during pee and (soft) stitches in the kidneys
- Did anyone get sore throat while undergoing medication for uti
I had been diagnosed with UTI last week. I had been experiencing pain when unrinating thus I consulted my OBGyne for I had been once checked by a Urologist and told me that my UTI is not related to any kidney problems thus recommending me to see an OBGyne.
My OBGyne told me that I take Zinnat twice a day for seven days. I had been taking my medicine since then. However, I had sore throat by the 6th day I had been taking the medicine. I am not sure whether I had sore throat due to the medication or for any other reasons. My next appointment with my OBGyne is three days away. I do not know whether I should tell her about it or wait till my appointment.
More questions for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Urinary tract infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice, low grade nausea. have had multitude of tests - ie. EGD's, monometry, transesophageal (with transmitter to determine extent of now reflux) Have to eat small amounts of food at a time. Have lost 23 lbs. Affects my every day life - difficult to talk on phone, talking in groups - just limit my socialization. Could not work if I wanted to with voice. Throat is constantly sore.
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed to people if these side effects are profound. I will be calling my dr for a new antibiotic, and I will NEVER take this "medicine" again!
- Temporary amnesia from uti
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won't happen overnight. The only medication that I take is Cipramil for Fibromyalgia. I suffer quite badly from Irritable Bowel Syndrome and must not have caffeine, dairy, or wheat. If I do, I pay the price. Sugar causes blisters in my mouth,and blisters under my breasts and armpits. If I don't have sugar, these symptoms go away. So after the amnesia episode, I will work harder at making myself healthy again.
More reviews for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Urinary tract infection
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My blood pressure is scaring me, very very low 80/64 or lower but my pulse rate is high 104 I feel fluttering and pain in my chest and constant constant thirst. I began drinking several large glasses of water and my BP and pulse improved. As soon as I take my next dose within an hour my BP is in t ...
- I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- I had a hip reconstruction due to toxic levels of cobalt & titanium ball and rod. Five petri dishes of tissue were taken at surgical site and a bacteria was found in one petri dish which could have actually been in the tissue or could have been dropped on the petri dish by anyone handling the sampl ...
- Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
- Have a VP shunt, scoliosis and chronic pain syndrome. Have had 7 day course of antibiotics for a UTI but still have symptoms. Abdominal pain especially near the distal end of shunt catheter. Had hot sweats. Concern infection has gone to the shunt.
More related studies for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Urinary tract infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.