Review: could Clindamycin hydrochloride cause Weight gain - unintentional (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain - unintentional is found among people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levothyroxine sodium, and have Cellulitis.
We study 1,128 people who have side effects while taking Clindamycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Weight gain - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain - unintentional and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Weight gain - unintentional >>>
Clindamycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of clindamycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 1,331 Clindamycin hydrochloride users)
Weight gain - unintentional
Weight gain - unintentional has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain - unintentional patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 1,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride. Among them, 10 people (0.89%) have Weight Gain - Unintentional.
Time on Clindamycin hydrochloride when people have Weight gain - unintentional * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain - unintentional||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Weight gain - unintentional when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride * :
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||33.33%||0.00%||55.56% |
Severity of Weight gain - unintentional when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain - unintentional ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cellulitis (3 people, 30.00%)
- Bronchitis (3 people, 30.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 20.00%)
- Bipolar i disorder (1 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (3 people, 30.00%)
- Zithromax (3 people, 30.00%)
- Meclizine (3 people, 30.00%)
- Clonazepam (3 people, 30.00%)
- Vancomycin (3 people, 30.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clindamycin hydrochloride and weight gain - unintentional on
Do you have Weight Gain - Unintentional while taking Clindamycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Weight Gain - Unintentional
- support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Weight Gain - Unintentional
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
Recent Clindamycin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.