Review: could Clindamycin phosphate cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is reported only by a few people who take Clindamycin phosphate.
We study 977 people who have side effects while taking Clindamycin phosphate from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clindamycin phosphate and have Water retention >>>
Clindamycin phosphate has active ingredients of clindamycin phosphate. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Clindamycin phosphate 1,195 users)
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Water retention 17,802 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 977 people reported to have side effects when taking Clindamycin phosphate. Among them, 3 people (0.31%) have Water Retention.
Time on Clindamycin phosphate when people have Water retention * :
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Clindamycin phosphate * :
Severity of Water retention when taking Clindamycin phosphate ** :
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tetracycline (3 people, 100.00%)
- Naproxen (3 people, 100.00%)
- Paxil (3 people, 100.00%)
- Metronidazole (3 people, 100.00%)
- Methylprednisolone (3 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Clindamycin Phosphate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clindamycin phosphate and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Clindamycin phosphate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Hiatal Hernia, Taking For Strep, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride)
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been acting up. Should I stop taking the medication?
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- Can clindamycin cause a low anc count
(Asked by a 1 year old girl who has Is Recovering From Bacterial Phenomia , and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride)
My daughter has been on clindamycin for about 9 days and her ANC level will rise to 740 then drop to 130's could the drug be causing this issue?
- Have what looks like an abscess above my tooth on my gum
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Lump Above Tooth, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride)
this seems like i have an abscess. do not have any pain but when touched it does hurt of course. what should i do. can,t see a dentist for another day and i would like to know what he will do. can you answer me this question?
- Can i take clindamycin and coreg if needed for an abcess tooth?
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has Toothache, and takes Clindamycin Phosphate)
Blood and puss on my left third in top tooth when pressure is applied to the cheek area.
More questions for: Clindamycin phosphate, Water retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Clindamycin - vertigo and nausea
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Vertigo, Nausea, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride)
2 days in after starting on clendamycin for tooth infection I began having slight vertigo which steadily increased the next day. Nausea present with vomiting. I saw primary doc & I mentioned I was on this antibiotic which was told this could be the source of my problem and to stop taking medicine ...
- Clindamycin induced clostridium difficile colitis (1 response)
(Posted by a 51 year old man who has C. Difficile Colitis, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride)
Dentist prescribed 10 day prescription of Clindamycin for tooth ache, where a week after completing it, a near fatal CDiff infection developed. Renal failure and 3 weeks in hospital followed by 2 months of rehab. No probiotics were taken with the antibiotic. Vancomycin and Flagyl cured the CDiff inf ...
- Post cleocin insomnia (1 response)
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Chronic Insomnia, and takes Cleocin)
I HAD AN MRI DONE. THE TECH WAS ROUGH WITH THE IV ENTRY. I WAS INFECTED. I WAS PRESCRIBED CLEOCIN 300 MG 3 TIMES DAILY FOR 10 DAYS. BEFORE THE CLEOCIN I WAS A CHRONIC INSOMNIAC, BUT HAD IT UNDER CONTROL WITH BENADRYL. AFTER CLEOCIN, BENADRYL DID NOT WORK. I AM NOW STRUGGLING TO HOLD MY JOB.
- Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has Cellulitis And Clindamycin, Urge Incontinance, Hyperacidity, Beta-thalassemia Minor, Degenerative Joint Disease, Post-thyroidectomy, Non-cardiac Chest Pain, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Dimenhydrinate, Calcium, Loratadine, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride)
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
More reviews for: Clindamycin phosphate, Water retention
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
- A study of drug interactions between H.p. Acthar Gel, Methotrexate for a patient with Ra. The patient has Infusion Site Discomfort, Shortness Of Breath, No Urge To Urinate Just Leaks Out, Urinary Incontinence, Asthmatic Crisis, Abdominal Distention, Fluid Retention
Comments: My diafram. Feels like its pushing on my lungs but they are clear to doctors check up.
Diagnosed with fatty liver disease during this time due to bloodwork and echo on heart then abdominal ultrasound
Does ra attack liver or is it causing infect ion on an organ white blood cell couny in all thr ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I have been taking simavastin for approximately 20 + years. I have recently been diagnosed with hypertension and I am on a diuret. I have leg swelling that started before the diagnoses of hypertension. I would like to know if the statin I am on can be the cause.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a patient with GERD, Pneumonia Aspiration. The patient has Fever
Comments: Sept. 21, 2013 Seen in ER, chest xray, ct scan, dx=pneumonia, given Rochepin IV, and avalox IV in ER sent home with Augmention and Amoxicillion x 10days, Day 12 symptoms returned, cough, fever, fatigue.
Oct 10, 2013 Return to ER, chest xray =new dx of pneumonia, given IV Clindamycin in ER, and Cli ...
More related studies for: Clindamycin phosphate, Water retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.