Review: could Clobetasol propionate cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle weakness is found among people who take Clobetasol propionate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have Eczema.
We study 2,053 people who have side effects while taking Clobetasol propionate from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clobetasol propionate and have Muscle weakness >>>
Clobetasol propionate has active ingredients of clobetasol propionate. It is often used in psoriasis. (latest outcomes from Clobetasol propionate 2,113 users)
Muscle weakness (a lack of muscle strength) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Muscle weakness 181,414 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 2,053 people reported to have side effects when taking Clobetasol propionate. Among them, 94 people (4.58%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Clobetasol propionate when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Clobetasol propionate * :
|Muscle weakness||46.79%||53.21% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Clobetasol propionate * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||2.06%||6.19%||10.31%||15.46%||8.25%||57.73% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Clobetasol propionate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Eczema (19 people, 20.21%)
- Psoriasis (13 people, 13.83%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (8 people, 8.51%)
- Haemochromatosis (7 people, 7.45%)
- Magnesium metabolism disorder (7 people, 7.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (25 people, 26.60%)
- Hydrocortisone (20 people, 21.28%)
- Elidel (20 people, 21.28%)
- Amoxicillin (18 people, 19.15%)
- Ativan (18 people, 19.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Clobetasol Propionate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clobetasol propionate and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Clobetasol propionate
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can marijuana be causing serious, long-term muscle weakness?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Muscle Weakness, and takes Marijuana)
I'm almost 65 years old, am a successful, well adjusted professional and have used marijuana on and off for over 45 years. I began using it more heavily about five years ago. Beginning about four years ago I began experiencing serious muscle weakness, in the large muscles. I was a skier, hiker, s ...
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Nervousness, Chest Pain, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Weakness, and takes Hydroxyzine, Zoloft)
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
- Has anything helped with muscle weakness/pain caused by carbamazepine? or any remedies?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Seizure Disorder, and takes Carbamazepine)
I have partial seizures that affects my right side. It's caused by having a brain tumor on the left side when I was younger that was removed. I'm taking 600mg of Carbamazepine a day.
I have muscle weakness and pain on my right arm and leg a lot. There are times when I can't even pick up a water ...
- Asclera injection in both legs can it cause weakness sluggish and sleepy ?
(Asked by a 32 year old woman who has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, and takes Asclera)
I had asclera into my legs 5/21/14 and about 30 mins after procedure started feeling dizzy..light headed very sleepy and general weakness i came home and fell asleep for a good 40 mins but started shivering with the covers on im still shivering and very very sleepy
- Does anyone else continue to have all over body pain 3 years after taking lupron depot for endometriosis
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Pain - Abdomen, Fatigue, Weakness, Pelvic Floor Muscle Weakness, Fibromyalgia, Bladder Discomfort)
I had 9 injections of lupron after a partial hysterectomy. Ever since then my body has never been the same. I continue, 3 years later suffering from weakness. I had to quit my job as a registered nurse and after 2 and 1/2 years I was forced to file for disability.
More questions for: Clobetasol propionate, Muscle weakness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Bladder infection while on mestinon
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Muscle Weakness, Left Side Weakness, Dr Is Trying To Figure Out Why, and takes Mestinon)
Had gradual lest side weakness. Everyday living is difficult. I was referred to cleveland clinic. Dr there has had me go through several tests. My tilt table test showed increase of heart rate and blood pressure. So he suspects I have POTS Postier orthostatic tachecardia syndrome. Still more t ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Clobetasol propionate, Muscle weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Comments: Just started topamax on 1/15/14. Started noticing fatigue 10/2013 and attributed it to hormones. On 1/24/14 had severe episode of weakness and noticed it was worse in on left side in left leg. was also diagnosed with herniated disc at L1 and L2. Had MRI and Myelogram and CT of lower back. Was ev ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fenofibric Acid, Prednisone, Flax Seed, Adderall 20, Vitamin D, Meloxicam, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Ambien, Mirena for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Lack Of Coordination, Aat Deficiency, Chronic Pain, Chronic Depression, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control. The patient has Unable To Concentrate, Brain Mass, Joint Stiffness, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Fatigue, Abdominal Pain Lower, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Chronic Pain, Sleep Disorder
Comments: Began taking sleep aids 15+yrs ago.Can not nap or sleep without.Had the Mirena IUD inserted over 10yrs ago, shortly after it was approved.Began exp sever mood swings and depr. Was put on anti-depr. Began having chronic pain.Most sever in the neck,shoulders,arms and hips.Drs were unable to determin ...
- A study of side effects of Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a patient with Na+. The patient has Muscle Weakness (a lack of muscle strength), Muscle Twitching, Weakness, Nerve Pain (pain in one or more nerves), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Pain - Joints, Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations), Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: I have tibial prosterior wich causes a lot of pain in my right ankle but recently been having what I think is nerve damage, my question is can this cause nerve damage as it's started in my right foot but now nerve and joint pain has gone to my left foot and my hand and wrists. I have smoked methamph ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Clobetasol Propionate, Omeprazole, Prednisone for a patient with Vitamin D Abnormal, Health, Psoriasis. The patient has Arthritis - Psoriatic, Pustular Psoriasis, Acute Generalised Exanthematous Pustulosis
Comments: Came down with fever and sore throat on 11/22/13. Diagnosed in ER on 11/23/2013 with Strep Throat via rapid test. Given 7 days worth of 500mg of Azithromycin. 11/26/13,developed pustules on palms. Went to doc on 11/27,got lab work. Pustules on palms, wrists, in mouth and airway, on face... progres ...
More related studies for: Clobetasol propionate, Muscle weakness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.