Review: could Clobetasol propionate cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle weakness is found among people who take Clobetasol propionate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have Eczema.
We study 2,055 people who have side effects while taking Clobetasol propionate from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clobetasol propionate and have Muscle weakness >>>
Clobetasol propionate has active ingredients of clobetasol propionate. It is often used in psoriasis. (latest outcomes from 2,115 Clobetasol propionate users)
Muscle weakness (a lack of muscle strength) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 182,255 Muscle weakness patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 2,055 people reported to have side effects when taking Clobetasol propionate. Among them, 94 people (4.57%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Clobetasol propionate when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Clobetasol propionate * :
|Muscle weakness||46.79%||53.21% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Clobetasol propionate * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||2.06%||6.19%||10.31%||15.46%||8.25%||57.73% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Clobetasol propionate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Eczema (19 people, 20.21%)
- Psoriasis (13 people, 13.83%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (8 people, 8.51%)
- Haemochromatosis (7 people, 7.45%)
- Magnesium metabolism disorder (7 people, 7.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (25 people, 26.60%)
- Hydrocortisone (20 people, 21.28%)
- Elidel (20 people, 21.28%)
- Amoxicillin (18 people, 19.15%)
- Ativan (18 people, 19.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Clobetasol Propionate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clobetasol propionate and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Clobetasol propionate
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bumetanide, Ferrous Fumarate, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 45-year old woman with Fluid Retention, Anemia, Fibromyalgia, Autoimmune Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting, Acne Steroid-induced, Weakness, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Skin Burning Sensation, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Digoxin, Warfarin Sodium for a 90-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Blood Disorder. The patient has Muscular Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Topiramate for a 45-year old woman with Back Pain, Health, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Acid, Total Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Vertigo-associated Disorders, Aural Fullness, Eye Twitch, Chills, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Fatigue, Lump In The Neck, Restlessness, Weakness, Body Numbness, Confusion, Pressure Sore, Ringing In The Ears, Dizzy
Recent Clobetasol propionate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.