Home > Clonazepam > Cerebellar ataxia > Clonazepam and Cerebellar ataxia
Review: could Clonazepam cause Cerebellar ataxia (Acute cerebellar ataxia)?
We study 38,735 people who have side effects while taking Clonazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Cerebellar ataxia. Find out below who they are, when they have Cerebellar ataxia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Cerebellar ataxia >>>
Clonazepam (latest outcomes from 41,218 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Cerebellar ataxia (loss of coordination) (latest reports from 1,869 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, hiv infection, high blood pressure, herpes zoster.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 38,695 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam. Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Cerebellar Ataxia.
Time on Clonazepam when people have Cerebellar ataxia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cerebellar ataxia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cerebellar ataxia when taking Clonazepam * :
|Cerebellar ataxia||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Cerebellar ataxia when taking Clonazepam * :
|Cerebellar ataxia||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Cerebellar ataxia when taking Clonazepam ** :
How people recovered from Cerebellar ataxia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteopenia (3 people, 60.00%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 60.00%)
- Gaucher's disease (1 people, 20.00%)
- Epilepsy (1 people, 20.00%)
- Partial seizures (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Citalopram (3 people, 60.00%)
- Oxycodone hcl and acetaminophen (3 people, 60.00%)
- Dicyclomine hydrochloride (3 people, 60.00%)
- Fosamax plus d (3 people, 60.00%)
- Fosamax (3 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cerebellar Ataxia while taking Clonazepam?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Clonazepam and have Cerebellar Ataxia
- group for people who take Clonazepam
- group for people who have Cerebellar Ataxia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (9 hours ago):
Very cloudy thinking, bad motor skills and no emotions at all towards others. I also could feel respiratory was slower than normal, which may have contributed to making me so tired all the time.
From this study (20 hours ago):
Jaw and tongue move constantly unless lying down or sleeping.
From this study (2 days ago):
Have been taking Prilosec OTC for 4 days and have had 2 small blisters appear on face Is this a serious side effect or should I continue with the 14 day treatment? It is helping my stomach,
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does klonopin counteract phentermine?
does klonopin counteract phentermine? i have taken phentermine before while not taking any other medications and it really worked for me but not its not working and i think my klonopin is counteracting it.
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Anyone else develop facial swelling during clonazepam withdrawal and not recover from it several years later?
Weaned off of clonazepam 10 years ago. Body went into severe withdrawal: Hair loss/ thinning, swelling through T-zone portion of my face, excessively oily face and hair, stiff painful joints. Hair and face have never completely recovered although have days/weeks symptoms are milder, buy only wors ...
More questions for: Clonazepam, Cerebellar ataxia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Clonazepam, Cerebellar ataxia
On eHealthMe, Clonazepam (clonazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Clonazepam is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Clonazepam used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (16 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (16 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (25 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (26 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (40 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Enterobius Vermicularis