Review: could Clonazepam cause Cerebellar ataxia (Acute cerebellar ataxia)?
Summary: Cerebellar ataxia is found among people who take Clonazepam, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Oxycodone hcl and acetaminophen, and have Osteopenia.
We study 38,829 people who have side effects while taking Clonazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Cerebellar ataxia. Find out below who they are, when they have Cerebellar ataxia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Cerebellar ataxia >>>
Clonazepam has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 41,361 Clonazepam users)
Cerebellar ataxia (loss of coordination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, hiv infection, high blood pressure, herpes zoster. (latest reports from 523 Cerebellar ataxia patients)
On Mar, 10, 2015: 38,829 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam. Among them, 6 people (0.02%) have Cerebellar Ataxia.
Time on Clonazepam when people have Cerebellar ataxia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cerebellar ataxia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Cerebellar ataxia when taking Clonazepam * :
|Cerebellar ataxia||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Cerebellar ataxia when taking Clonazepam * :
|Cerebellar ataxia||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||0.00%||50.00%||16.67%||0.00% |
Severity of Cerebellar ataxia when taking Clonazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cerebellar ataxia||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Cerebellar ataxia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Cerebellar ataxia||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteopenia (3 people, 50.00%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 50.00%)
- Epilepsy (2 people, 33.33%)
- Gaucher's disease (1 people, 16.67%)
- Partial seizures (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl and acetaminophen (3 people, 50.00%)
- Butalbital (3 people, 50.00%)
- Citalopram (3 people, 50.00%)
- Dicyclomine hydrochloride (3 people, 50.00%)
- Fosamax (3 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cerebellar Ataxia while taking Clonazepam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Cerebellar Ataxia
- support group for people who take Clonazepam
- support group for people who have Cerebellar Ataxia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Folic Acid, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Lamictal for a 34-year old woman with ADHD, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Eye Pain, Fatigue, Light Sensitivity, Blurred Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Celebrex, Adderall 30, Norco for a 34-year old woman with Costochondritis, Inflammation, Adhd And Fatigue From Fibro Fibro Fog, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Fontanelles - Sunken, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Lamotrigine, Adderall for a 38-year old woman with Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Fever
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Nexium, Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Truvada, Isentress, Clonazepam for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Gerd, Depression, Bipolar 2, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Dry Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Rozerem, Gabapentin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine for a 45-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder, Insomnia. The patient has Anorgasmia
Recent Clonazepam related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.