Review: could Clonazepam cause Dopamine dysregulation syndrome?
Summary: Dopamine dysregulation syndrome is found among people who take Clonazepam, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Amitriptyline hcl, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 38,829 people who have side effects while taking Clonazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome >>>
Clonazepam has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 41,361 Clonazepam users)
Dopamine dysregulation syndrome
Dopamine dysregulation syndrome (complication of the dopaminergic treatment in parkinson's disease) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, drug effect decreased, bipolar disorder, on and off phenomenon. (latest reports from 125 Dopamine dysregulation syndrome patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 38,829 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam. Among them, 8 people (0.02%) have Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome.
Time on Clonazepam when people have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome when taking Clonazepam * :
|Dopamine dysregulation syndrome||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome when taking Clonazepam * :
|Dopamine dysregulation syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50%||37.50%||25.00% |
Severity of Dopamine dysregulation syndrome when taking Clonazepam ** :
How people recovered from Dopamine dysregulation syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (8 people, 100.00%)
- Back pain (3 people, 37.50%)
- Depressive symptom (3 people, 37.50%)
- Akathisia (2 people, 25.00%)
- Psychomotor hyperactivity (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amitriptyline hcl (5 people, 62.50%)
- Amantadine hcl (5 people, 62.50%)
- Levodopa (5 people, 62.50%)
- Ropinirole (3 people, 37.50%)
- Carbidopa and levodopa (3 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Clonazepam and dopamine dysregulation syndrome on
Do you have Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome while taking Clonazepam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome
- support group for people who take Clonazepam
- support group for people who have Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Ambien, Ponstel, Yasmin, Clonazepam, Adderall for a 28-year old woman with Inflammation, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramp Relief, Birth Control, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Onycholysis
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar 2, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Cough Aggravated
Recent Clonazepam related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Silenor, Clonazepam for a 66-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Melatonin, Klonopin for a 48-year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing
- Comparions of Minastrin 24 Fe, Adderall 30, Clonazepam, Zoloft for a 21-year old woman who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Comparions of Black Cohosh, Evening Primrose, Clonazepam, Cloxacillin Sodium for a 45-year old woman who has Mastitis
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.