Review: could Clonazepam cause Dopamine dysregulation syndrome?
Summary: Dopamine dysregulation syndrome is found among people who take Clonazepam, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Amitriptyline hcl, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 38,847 people who have side effects while taking Clonazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome >>>
Clonazepam has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 41,377 Clonazepam users)
Dopamine dysregulation syndrome
Dopamine dysregulation syndrome (complication of the dopaminergic treatment in parkinson's disease) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, drug effect decreased, bipolar disorder, on and off phenomenon. (latest reports from 126 Dopamine dysregulation syndrome patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 38,829 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam. Among them, 8 people (0.02%) have Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome.
Time on Clonazepam when people have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome when taking Clonazepam * :
|Dopamine dysregulation syndrome||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome when taking Clonazepam * :
|Dopamine dysregulation syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50%||37.50%||25.00% |
Severity of Dopamine dysregulation syndrome when taking Clonazepam ** :
How people recovered from Dopamine dysregulation syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (8 people, 100.00%)
- Back pain (3 people, 37.50%)
- Depressive symptom (3 people, 37.50%)
- Akathisia (2 people, 25.00%)
- Psychomotor hyperactivity (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amitriptyline hcl (5 people, 62.50%)
- Amantadine hcl (5 people, 62.50%)
- Levodopa (5 people, 62.50%)
- Ropinirole (3 people, 37.50%)
- Carbidopa and levodopa (3 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clonazepam and dopamine dysregulation syndrome on
Do you have Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome while taking Clonazepam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome
- support group for people who take Clonazepam
- support group for people who have Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Clonazepam for a 62-year old woman with Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Low Back Pain
Recent Clonazepam related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.