Review: could Clonazepam cause Heart attack?
Summary: Heart attack is found among people who take Clonazepam, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 38,829 people who have side effects while taking Clonazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 466 have Heart attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart attack and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Heart attack >>>
Clonazepam has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 41,361 Clonazepam users)
Heart attack has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 131,796 Heart attack patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 38,806 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam. Among them, 466 people (1.20%) have Heart Attack.
Time on Clonazepam when people have Heart attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart attack||92.86%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart attack when taking Clonazepam * :
|Heart attack||47.72%||52.28% |
Age of people who have Heart attack when taking Clonazepam * :
|Heart attack||0.24%||0.00%||0.24%||1.43%||6.44%||22.43%||26.49%||42.72% |
Severity of Heart attack when taking Clonazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart attack||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Heart attack ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart attack||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (50 people, 10.73%)
- Depression (37 people, 7.94%)
- Hypertension (37 people, 7.94%)
- Insomnia (33 people, 7.08%)
- Osteoporosis (26 people, 5.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (117 people, 25.11%)
- Plavix (81 people, 17.38%)
- Neurontin (63 people, 13.52%)
- Nexium (60 people, 12.88%)
- Furosemide (57 people, 12.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clonazepam and heart attack on
Do you have Heart Attack while taking Clonazepam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Heart Attack
- support group for people who take Clonazepam
- support group for people who have Heart Attack
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Ambien, Ponstel, Yasmin, Clonazepam, Adderall for a 28-year old woman with Inflammation, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramp Relief, Birth Control, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Onycholysis
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar 2, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Cough Aggravated
Recent Clonazepam related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Melatonin, Klonopin for a 48-year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing
- Comparions of Minastrin 24 Fe, Adderall 30, Clonazepam, Zoloft for a 21-year old woman who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Comparions of Black Cohosh, Evening Primrose, Clonazepam, Cloxacillin Sodium for a 45-year old woman who has Mastitis
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Clonazepam, Toprol-xl for a 53-year old woman who has Palpation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.