Review: could Clonazepam cause Heart racing (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Heart racing is found among people who take Clonazepam, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Paxil, and have Depression.
We study 38,829 people who have side effects while taking Clonazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 551 have Heart racing. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart racing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Heart racing >>>
Clonazepam has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 41,361 Clonazepam users)
Heart racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Heart racing patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 38,829 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam. Among them, 551 people (1.42%) have Heart Racing.
Time on Clonazepam when people have Heart racing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart racing||34.88%||11.63%||9.30%||9.30%||20.93%||6.98%||6.98% |
Gender of people who have Heart racing when taking Clonazepam * :
|Heart racing||77.28%||22.72% |
Age of people who have Heart racing when taking Clonazepam * :
|Heart racing||0.00%||0.60%||0.60%||6.35%||16.67%||24.40%||26.39%||25.00% |
Severity of Heart racing when taking Clonazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart racing||23.08%||61.54%||15.38%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart racing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart racing||25.00%||37.50%||37.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (63 people, 11.43%)
- Anxiety (60 people, 10.89%)
- Pain (36 people, 6.53%)
- Insomnia (30 people, 5.44%)
- Hypertension (30 people, 5.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil (67 people, 12.16%)
- Aspirin (61 people, 11.07%)
- Synthroid (50 people, 9.07%)
- Trazodone hcl (49 people, 8.89%)
- Ambien (47 people, 8.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Racing while taking Clonazepam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Heart Racing
- support group for people who take Clonazepam
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Clonidine Hydrochloride for a 63-year old man with Bloodpreasure, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Clonazepam for a 60-year old man with Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Clonazepam, Azathioprine, Zorvolex, Humira for a 42-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Diarrhea, Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Octreotide Acetate, Klonopin for a 31-year old woman with Diarrhea, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Recent Clonazepam related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.