Review: could Clonazepam cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Clonazepam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 38,847 people who have side effects while taking Clonazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 228 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Clonazepam has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 41,377 Clonazepam users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,510 Restless legs syndrome patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 38,847 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam. Among them, 228 people (0.59%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Clonazepam when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||26.32%||34.21%||2.63%||0.00%||10.53%||7.89%||18.42% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Clonazepam * :
|Restless legs syndrome||66.13%||33.87% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Clonazepam * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.48%||14.49%||25.12%||29.47%||30.43% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Clonazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||28.57%||64.29%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||36.36%||63.64% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (58 people, 25.44%)
- Restless legs syndrome (47 people, 20.61%)
- Pain (38 people, 16.67%)
- Sleep disorder (29 people, 12.72%)
- Anxiety (26 people, 11.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (50 people, 21.93%)
- Lorazepam (44 people, 19.30%)
- Aspirin (41 people, 17.98%)
- Neurontin (38 people, 16.67%)
- Zyprexa (36 people, 15.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clonazepam and restless legs syndrome on
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Clonazepam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Clonazepam
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Clonazepam for a 62-year old woman with Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Low Back Pain
Recent Clonazepam related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.