Review: could Clonazepam cause Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Rheumatoid arthritis is found among people who take Clonazepam, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 38,847 people who have side effects while taking Clonazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 140 have Rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Rheumatoid arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Rheumatoid arthritis >>>
Clonazepam has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 41,369 Clonazepam users)
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia. (latest reports from 218,651 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 38,829 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam. Among them, 140 people (0.36%) have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Time on Clonazepam when people have Rheumatoid arthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Clonazepam * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||80.67%||19.33% |
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Clonazepam * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.80%||11.20%||32.00%||29.60%||26.40% |
Severity of Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Clonazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rheumatoid arthritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (75 people, 53.57%)
- Pain (20 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 12.86%)
- Insomnia (18 people, 12.86%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 11.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (68 people, 48.57%)
- Folic acid (53 people, 37.86%)
- Humira (43 people, 30.71%)
- Prednisone (41 people, 29.29%)
- Enbrel (41 people, 29.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clonazepam and rheumatoid arthritis on
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis while taking Clonazepam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonazepam and have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- support group for people who take Clonazepam
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 39-year old man with Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Marijuana, Coffee, Aleve, Tylenol, Vistaril, Klonopin, Provigil, Adderall 30, Wellbutrin Sr, Viibryd, Lamictal for a 30-year old man with Malnutrition, Stress, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Pain, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Celexa, Cymbalta for a 64-year old woman with PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Vertigo Positional
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Effexor Xr for a 59-year old woman with Psychotic, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Tooth Discoloration
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Clonazepam related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.