Clonazepam and Stroke - from FDA reports
Stroke is found among people who take Clonazepam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Stroke with Clonazepam. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 64,716 people who have side effects when taking Clonazepam from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
64,716 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam.
Among them, 627 people (0.97%) have Stroke
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonazepam when people have Stroke *:
- < 1 month: 55.88 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.71 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.94 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.76 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.76 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 2.94 %
Gender of people who have Stroke when taking Clonazepam *:
- female: 65.8 %
- male: 34.2 %
Age of people who have Stroke when taking Clonazepam *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.19 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.7 %
- 30-39: 7.9 %
- 40-49: 16.18 %
- 50-59: 30.06 %
- 60+: 42.97 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (81 people, 12.92%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (60 people, 9.57%)
- Diabetes (45 people, 7.18%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (36 people, 5.74%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (33 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (99 people, 15.79%)
- Plavix (93 people, 14.83%)
- Lyrica (84 people, 13.40%)
- Nexium (79 people, 12.60%)
- Ambien (68 people, 10.85%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (95 people, 15.15%)
- Heart Attack (84 people, 13.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (80 people, 12.76%)
- Fall (79 people, 12.60%)
- Back Pain (79 people, 12.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stroke when taking Clonazepam?
Clonazepam has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Clonazepam 67,252 users)
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 186,146 Stroke patients).