Review: could Clonazepam cause Weakness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 38,505 people who take Clonazepam. Among them, 2,119 have Weakness. See who they are, when they have Weakness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Clonazepam (latest outcomes from 41,036 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Clonazepam include stress and anxiety, nausea, nausea aggravated, fatigue, weakness.
Weakness (latest reports from 1,310,875 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.
On Feb, 10, 2014: 36,501 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam. Among them, 2,008 people (5.50%) have Weakness.
Time on Clonazepam when people have Weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Weakness when taking Clonazepam * :
Age of people who have Weakness when taking Clonazepam * :
Severity of Weakness when taking Clonazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (282 people, 14.04%)
- Pain (228 people, 11.35%)
- Anxiety (157 people, 7.82%)
- Hypertension (130 people, 6.47%)
- Osteoporosis (123 people, 6.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (348 people, 17.33%)
- Nexium (215 people, 10.71%)
- Neurontin (214 people, 10.66%)
- Prednisone (207 people, 10.31%)
- Omeprazole (196 people, 9.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Clonazepam, Weakness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Clonazepam (clonazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Clonazepam is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Clonazepam used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Clonazepam side effects from A to Z:
Browse Clonazepam drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Steady decline for four years, but extreme decline over two months leading me in to hospital
From this study (3 months ago):
Got sick month ago was told it was a virus (fatigue, weakness in muscles/body, change in normal appetite and very very dry itchy skin all symptoms I had and still have). noticed lump under left arm few days later and made apt. With primary care doc. Day before my appoitment noticed two new lumps under right arm. Had blood work and chest xray done and my thyroid level is high so doing another test next week. No news on the lumps but nurse said I may have hyperthyroidism...just wonder what it all means and trying to tie it together
From this study (4 months ago):
Felt terrible all my life. High pain threshold due to not knowing how it feels not to be in any pain. Lacked motivation & felt confusion as long as I can remember. My mother has lyme disease. I have aspergers & RA & Lyme disease. Have to figure out ways to treat myself & make it through life bc drs won't help me due to fear of losing lisences even tho they know I have Lyme & need antibiotic therapy. Got reinfected by tick in 2009. Became unable to live normal life at all.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Clonazepam, Weakness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Bladder infection while on mestinon
Had gradual lest side weakness. Everyday living is difficult. I was referred to cleveland clinic. Dr there has had me go through several tests. My tilt table test showed increase of heart rate and blood pressure. So he suspects I have POTS Postier orthostatic tachecardia syndrome. Still more t ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Clonazepam, Weakness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Plaquenil, Percocet, Phenergan, Testosterone, Synthroid, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Hydrocortisone Acetate, Prozac, Klonopin, Stavzor, Nadolol, Fentanyl-25, Percocet for a patient with Insomnia, Lupus, Severe Pain For Lupus And Ra, Vomiting Projectile, Shots Bi-weekly For Low T, Low Thyroid, Ace Levels, Adrenal Mass, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Migraine, Chronic Pain, Pain. The patient has Lethargy (Fatigue), Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Lack Of Satiety, Salt Craving, Dizzy And Faint, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia), Ace Levels, Blood Cortisol Abnormal, Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Weight Loss, Fatigue, Loss Of Libido, Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Energy Increased, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Klonopin, Pristiq, Adderall 20 for a patient with Addiction - Drug, Gad, Depression, Adhd. The patient has Lymph Node Palpable, Vision Problems, Overactive Thyroid (Hyperthyroidism), Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Biaxin, Percocet, Adderall Xr 30 for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Disturbance In Attention. The patient has Asperger's Disorder, Musculoskeletal Pain, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Cognitive Disorder
More related studies for: Clonazepam, Weakness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.