Review: could Clonidine hydrochloride cause Aggression?
Summary: Aggression is found among people who take Clonidine hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Klonopin, and have Sleep disorder.
We study 1,042 people who have side effects while taking Clonidine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Aggression. Find out below who they are, when they have Aggression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clonidine hydrochloride and have Aggression >>>
Clonidine hydrochloride has active ingredients of clonidine hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine hydrochloride 1,551 users)
Aggression has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, pain.(latest reports from Aggression 28,616 patients)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 1,042 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine hydrochloride. Among them, 10 people (0.96%) have Aggression.
Time on Clonidine hydrochloride when people have Aggression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Aggression when taking Clonidine hydrochloride * :
Severity of Aggression when taking Clonidine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Aggression ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder (2 people, 20.00%)
- Gerd (2 people, 20.00%)
- Adhd (2 people, 20.00%)
- Complex partial seizures (2 people, 20.00%)
- Insomnia related to another mental condition (2 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (3 people, 30.00%)
- Trileptal (3 people, 30.00%)
- Zonegran (2 people, 20.00%)
- Banzel (2 people, 20.00%)
- Vimpat (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Aggression while taking Clonidine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clonidine hydrochloride and have Aggression
- support group for people who take Clonidine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Aggression
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Ventricular tachycardia or ventricular fibbrillation whats the difference?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ventricular Tachycardia, Ventricular Fibrillation, and takes Catapres)
Please explain the difference between ventricular fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia.
- Ventricular fibrillation, how many were taking catapress or clonidine at the time?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ventricular Fibrillation, and takes Clonidine, Catapres)
Five years ago I had four v fibs, two at the hospital that were verified with monitors. They gave me 6 Catapress 24 hours before a heart cathater. Before that time I was taking one 0.2 per day. Is there anyone else out there who has gone through the same and how are they?
- Can celexa cause aggression in children?
(Asked by a 11 year old boy who has Aggression, and takes Celexa)
My son takes celexa. He is very aggressive to me. He kicks,push,bites and hits me.
- Any success in treating symptoms of pmdd with wild yam root
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has PMDD, GAD, ADHD, Diverticulitis, Acid Reflux, Restless Leg Syndrome, Factor V Leiden Mutation, and takes Cymbalta, Ativan, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Nexium, Catapres, Magnesium)
Hi All. A little over a year and a half ago, I was dx with Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)and was prescribed YASMIN (YAZ) to treat the severe mood changes and suicidal thoughts I was getting 2 weeks out of every 4. The YASMIN worked brilliantly for 9 months and all the PMDD symptoms vanished ...
- Does ditropan xl cause depression especially in people who are bipolar?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Bladder Incontence, and takes Effexor, Wellbutrin, Seroquel, Synthroid, Depakote Er, Clonidine Hydrochloride)
Since starting Ditropan XL I have become depressed and anxious. Is this common?
More questions for: Clonidine hydrochloride, Aggression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Massive aggression within first 4 days at 50mg (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crying Fits, Pins And Needles Feet, Pins And Needles Hands, Aggression, and takes Topamax)
am only taking 50mg and have only been taking it for 4 days(this is the evening of the 4th day)as a preventative for migraine headaches that I have suffered from from 16 years. I have had pins and needles in my hands and feet as well as spontaneous crying fits since day 2 and Major aggression since ...
- Aggression with law enforcement officers who use provigil
(Posted by a 39 year old man who has Aggression, and takes Provigil)
I'm a former police officer. I say former because on the second day of ever taking provigil, I flipped out and kicked a handcuffed arestee. After 10 years of being an award winning police officer I totally lost it after taking this drug. needless to say, I immediately quit taking the pill; however, ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects (2 responses)
(Posted by a 42 year old man who has Epilepsy, Generalized Tonic-clonic Seizure, Myoclonic Epilepsy, Partial Seizures, Constipation, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Depression, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Gums - Bleeding, Agitation, Aggression, and takes Valproate Sodium, Lexapro, Topamax)
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Clonidine hydrochloride, Aggression
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin, Hydrocortone for a patient with Could Not Get Any More Hydrocodone/lortab/vicodin/norco, To Get High/recreational, Pain/to Get High/recreational. The patient has Lack Of Feeling, Aggression Aggravated, Personality Change
Comments: After years of abusing the drugs listed for 20+ years and being on life support for 4 day my husband has emerged forever changed in my eyes. He is a rambler of words, Bipolar, never sleeps, uses adderal for his sleep disorder that does no good because he refuses to sleep and uses excuses of being ab ...
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of side effects of Clonidine Hydrochloride for a patient with Withdrawls. The patient has Frequent Or Urgent Urination
Comments: I just started clonidine a few weeks ago. Usually one around 5pm, since I started I have had frequent ruination, especially at night, every two to three hours. And it's regular urination as well. This Is the only change for medication
- A study of side effects of Norditropin Flexpro for a patient with Growth Hormone Deficiency. The patient has Aggression, Anger
Comments: Had dose increased 3 months ago, about a 2 months ago, stared with increasing oppositional, extreme anger and screaming outbursts when he does not get his way or is told to do something that he does not want to do
- A study of side effects of Valproate Sodium for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Aggression
Comments: Epilepsy had been absent for 20 years. Its re-emergence at age 34 was treated with valproate.
No previous history of aggression or violence.
Aggression ceased following stoppage of the drug with a switch to an alternative.
No other concurrent drugs.
More related studies for: Clonidine hydrochloride, Aggression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.