Clonidine hydrochloride and Aggression - from FDA reports
Aggression is found among people who take Clonidine hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Bactrim, and have Akathisia. This review analyzes which people have Aggression with Clonidine hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,022 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine hydrochloride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 25, 2017
1,022 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine hydrochloride.
Among them, 8 people (0.78%) have Aggression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine hydrochloride when people have Aggression *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Aggression when taking Clonidine hydrochloride *:
- female: 14.29 %
- male: 85.71 %
Age of people who have Aggression when taking Clonidine hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 42.86 %
- 10-19: 14.29 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (1 person, 12.50%)
- Salivary Hypersecretion (1 person, 12.50%)
- Psychotic Disorder (1 person, 12.50%)
- Narcolepsy (1 person, 12.50%)
- Akathisia (1 person, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ritalin (1 person, 12.50%)
- Lipitor (1 person, 12.50%)
- Keppra (1 person, 12.50%)
- Juxtapid (1 person, 12.50%)
- Bactrim (1 person, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Screaming (2 people, 25.00%)
- Agitation (2 people, 25.00%)
- Abnormal Behavior (2 people, 25.00%)
- Memory Loss (1 person, 12.50%)
- Anger (1 person, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Aggression when taking Clonidine hydrochloride?
- Check symptoms - is aggression caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAggression and drugs with ingredients of clonidine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAggression and Clonidine hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clonidine hydrochloride has active ingredients of clonidine hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine hydrochloride 2,007 users)
Aggression has been reported by people with depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, pain (latest reports from 41,221 Aggression patients).
Browse all side effects of Clonidine hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AggressionAggression
Could your condition cause AggressionAggression
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I recently started taking clonidinde and had a urine drug screen come up positive for meth. I also take amitriptyline, perphenazine, suboxone, lexapro, buspar Omeprazole, ranitidine, and diclofenac. In my research, I found that the combination of clonidinde and ssri's can cause a false ...
User reviews to the study
Our son has Fetal Alcohol (adopted). For ADHD symptoms he's been on Vyvanse. He told his therapist he felt angry all the time. So she added 25mg of Zoloft. He said he was still feeling angry and we noticed him getting aggressive. So she raised his Zoloft to 50mg. He was smoking marijuana ...
My son takes 20 mg Zyprexa + 600mg Lithium for Schizophrenia. He is less psychotic now, but has becoming more agressive, especially in the morning. I am wondering is there any other med or food can calm him down s bit?