Review: could Clonidine cause Anxiety disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder)?
Summary: Anxiety disorder is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Xanax, and have Pain.
We study 9,236 people who have side effects while taking Clonidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Anxiety disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonidine and have Anxiety disorder >>>
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 9,688 Clonidine users)
Anxiety disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, osteopenia. (latest reports from 16,276 Anxiety disorder patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 9,236 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine. Among them, 12 people (0.13%) have Anxiety Disorder.
Time on Clonidine when people have Anxiety disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Anxiety disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Anxiety disorder when taking Clonidine * :
|Anxiety disorder||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09%||9.09%||54.55%||18.18% |
Severity of Anxiety disorder when taking Clonidine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Anxiety disorder||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Anxiety disorder ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Anxiety disorder||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (5 people, 41.67%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 16.67%)
- Parkinson's disease (1 people, 8.33%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 8.33%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (6 people, 50.00%)
- Coreg (5 people, 41.67%)
- Prozac (5 people, 41.67%)
- Naproxen (4 people, 33.33%)
- Vicodin (4 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anxiety Disorder while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonidine and have Anxiety Disorder
- support group for people who take Clonidine
- support group for people who have Anxiety Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Clonidine for a 63-year old woman with Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a 37-year old man with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Anxiety Disorder, Sweating
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Elavil, Clonidine, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Norflex, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax, Lyrica for a 28-year old woman with Migraine, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Back Pain, Insomnia, Headache, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Migraine With Aura
- A study of side effects of Clonidine for a 18-year old boy with Anxiety. The patient has Penile Pain
Recent Clonidine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.