Review: could Clonidine cause Completed suicide?
Summary: Completed suicide is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Promethazine, and have Quit smoking.
We study 9,240 people who have side effects while taking Clonidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 214 have Completed suicide. Find out below who they are, when they have Completed suicide and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonidine and have Completed suicide >>>
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 9,696 Clonidine users)
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life) has been reported by people with depression, suicide attempt, ill-defined disorder, pain, quit smoking. (latest reports from 36,358 Completed suicide patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 9,240 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine. Among them, 214 people (2.32%) have Completed Suicide.
Time on Clonidine when people have Completed suicide * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Completed suicide||27.27%||36.36%||18.18%||0.00%||9.09%||9.09%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Completed suicide when taking Clonidine * :
|Completed suicide||0.00%||0.00%||1.93%||0.48%||8.21%||37.68%||27.54%||24.15% |
Severity of Completed suicide when taking Clonidine ** :
How people recovered from Completed suicide ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (5 people, 2.34%)
- Pain (4 people, 1.87%)
- Depression (4 people, 1.87%)
- Trigeminal neuralgia (3 people, 1.40%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (3 people, 1.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Promethazine (44 people, 20.56%)
- Clonazepam (34 people, 15.89%)
- Alprazolam (31 people, 14.49%)
- Amlodipine (30 people, 14.02%)
- Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate (23 people, 10.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clonidine and completed suicide on
Do you have Completed Suicide while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonidine and have Completed Suicide
- support group for people who take Clonidine
- support group for people who have Completed Suicide
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Clonidine for a 63-year old woman with Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 55-year old man with Insomnia. The patient has Completed Suicide
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Elavil, Clonidine, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Norflex, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax, Lyrica for a 28-year old woman with Migraine, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Back Pain, Insomnia, Headache, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Migraine With Aura
Recent Clonidine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.