Review: could Clonidine cause Dementia?
Summary: Dementia is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Coumadin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 9,240 people who have side effects while taking Clonidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dementia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonidine and have Dementia >>>
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 9,696 Clonidine users)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 12,434 Dementia patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 9,240 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine. Among them, 24 people (0.26%) have Dementia.
Time on Clonidine when people have Dementia * :
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Clonidine * :
Severity of Dementia when taking Clonidine ** :
How people recovered from Dementia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (4 people, 16.67%)
- Dialysis (3 people, 12.50%)
- Menopausal symptoms (2 people, 8.33%)
- Cardiac disorder (2 people, 8.33%)
- Urinary tract infection (1 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (9 people, 37.50%)
- Ultram (7 people, 29.17%)
- Ativan (7 people, 29.17%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 25.00%)
- Acetaminophen (6 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clonidine and dementia on
Do you have Dementia while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonidine and have Dementia
- support group for people who take Clonidine
- support group for people who have Dementia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Clonidine for a 22-year old woman with Blood Pressure. The patient has Skin Infection - Yeast
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Zantac 150 for a 53-year old woman with GERD. The patient has Dementia
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Clonidine for a 63-year old woman with Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
Recent Clonidine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.