Review: could Clonidine cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 9,236 people who have side effects while taking Clonidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 57 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonidine and have Fluid retention >>>
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 9,688 Clonidine users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,437 Fluid retention patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 9,229 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine. Among them, 57 people (0.62%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Clonidine when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Clonidine * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.96%||16.67%||70.37% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Clonidine ** :
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (14 people, 24.56%)
- Pain (10 people, 17.54%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (6 people, 10.53%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 10.53%)
- Depression (6 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (15 people, 26.32%)
- Furosemide (15 people, 26.32%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 24.56%)
- Folic acid (12 people, 21.05%)
- Carvedilol (11 people, 19.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clonidine and fluid retention on
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonidine and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Clonidine
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Celebrex, Clonidine for a 32-year old man with Drug Addiction, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Adhd. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Antabuse, Clonidine, Strattera, Cymbalta, Abilify, Depakote for a 46-year old woman with Addiction, Hypertension, Add, Depression, Bipolar 1. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Coenzyme Q10, Selenium, Aspirin, Flexeril, Dilaudid, Xalatan, Zolpidem, Cymbalta, Clonidine for a 58-year old woman with Vitamin D Abnormal, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Muscle Tightness, Pain - Back, Intraocular Pressure Test Abnormal, Insomnia, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Clonidine for a 10-year old boy with Hyperactivity And Children. The patient has Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin)
Recent Clonidine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Modafinil, Clonidine, Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Vyvanse, Daytrana for a 43-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clonidine, Loratadine for a 57-year old woman who has Allergies
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Clonidine, Atenolol for a 56-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Clonidine, Uloric for a 59-year old man who has Traction
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Quinapril, Clonidine for a 71-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.