Review: could Clonidine cause Nightmare (Nightmares)?
Summary: Nightmare is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Chantix, and have Pain.
We study 9,240 people who have side effects while taking Clonidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 41 have Nightmare. Find out below who they are, when they have Nightmare and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonidine and have Nightmare >>>
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 9,696 Clonidine users)
Nightmare (unpleasant dream) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 14,358 Nightmare patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 9,236 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine. Among them, 40 people (0.43%) have Nightmare.
Time on Clonidine when people have Nightmare * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Nightmare when taking Clonidine * :
Severity of Nightmare when taking Clonidine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nightmare ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (20 people, 50.00%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 45.00%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (17 people, 42.50%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (16 people, 40.00%)
- Depression (15 people, 37.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (18 people, 45.00%)
- Seroquel (16 people, 40.00%)
- Wellbutrin (14 people, 35.00%)
- Klonopin (12 people, 30.00%)
- Promethazine (11 people, 27.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clonidine and nightmare on
Do you have Nightmare while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonidine and have Nightmare
- support group for people who take Clonidine
- support group for people who have Nightmare
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Clonidine for a 22-year old woman with Blood Pressure. The patient has Skin Infection - Yeast
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Fiorinal for a 42-year old man with Hemicrania Continua. The patient has Bad Dreams
- A study of side effects of Remeron for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Maxalt, Effexor, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman with Migraine With Aura, Depression, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Bad Dreams
Recent Clonidine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.