Home > Clonidine > Restless legs syndrome > Clonidine and Restless legs syndrome
Review: could Clonidine cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Oedema.
We study 9,206 people who have side effects while taking Clonidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clonidine and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Clonidine (latest outcomes from 9,649 users) has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 16,008 patients) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 18, 2014: 9,200 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine. Among them, 40 people (0.43%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Clonidine when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Clonidine * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||2.78%||0.00%||5.56%||44.44%||22.22%||25.00% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Clonidine ** :
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Oedema (14 people, 35.00%)
- Hypomania (14 people, 35.00%)
- Pain (14 people, 35.00%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 12.50%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (5 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (18 people, 45.00%)
- Neurontin (18 people, 45.00%)
- Coumadin (17 people, 42.50%)
- Depakote (16 people, 40.00%)
- Lyrica (16 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clonidine and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Clonidine
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis In Lower Back, Mild Brain Damage From Suicide Attempt, PTSD)
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
- Can clonidine n hydroxyzine be taking together
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Clonidine)
I take clonidine for my anxiety n my blood pressure.... was taking hydroxyzine also for my anxiety....but im no longer am but they prescribed both today....I want to no is it safe to take both at one time......n also I take sarquel for sleep....n lamotrigine for depression n aslo I take terazosin fo ...
More questions for: Clonidine, Restless legs syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Major Depressive Disorder, Restless Leg Syndrome, Lactose Intolerance)
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Clonidine, Restless legs syndrome
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Abilify, Clonidine for a patient with Allergies, Adhd. The patient has
Comments: I was wondering how the drugs given to my young stepdaughter work together. Because she takes these medications I do not feel comfortable giving her other types of over the counter medications such as acetamenaphine, ibuprofen, etc.
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Femara, Neurontin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Topamax, Opana Er for a patient with Hot Flashes, Cancer - Breast, Neuropathy, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Bipolar Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has
Comments: Please tell me if any of these drugs cause problems with opana that I have just been put on by a new dr instead of the ms contin the oncologist had me pn for the past 8 years but the new pain management is scared that is too addicting even though I have been on it that long with no problems. Thank y ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Clonidine, Actemra, Arava for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Blood Pressure. The patient has Many Sores On Face And In Nose, Bleeding From Ear, Back Of Head And Neck Looked Like It Had Been Shreeded
Comments: The resulting cause of the ulcerations is a large amount of fluid under the skin. This fluid creates enough pressure that it has to be expressed whenever you can't stand the pain anymore. The fluid is clear and dries yellow. It appears that it also has crystals when dried.
The reaction of thes ...
More related studies for: Clonidine, Restless legs syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.