Review: could Clonidine cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 9,229 people who have side effects while taking Clonidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 41 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clonidine and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 9,680 Clonidine users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 17,478 Restless legs syndrome patients)
On Feb, 21, 2015: 9,229 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine. Among them, 41 people (0.44%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Clonidine when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Clonidine * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||0.00%||5.41%||43.24%||24.32%||24.32% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Clonidine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (14 people, 34.15%)
- Oedema (14 people, 34.15%)
- Hypomania (14 people, 34.15%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 12.20%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (5 people, 12.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (18 people, 43.90%)
- Xanax (18 people, 43.90%)
- Coumadin (17 people, 41.46%)
- Lyrica (16 people, 39.02%)
- Depakote (16 people, 39.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clonidine and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Clonidine
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Cetirizine Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman with Hi Bp, Rhinitis. The patient has High Bp
- A study of drug interactions between Tenex, Concerta, Hydroxyzine, Clonidine for a 5-year old boy with ADHD, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Blows His Nose Constantly, Meltdowns, Shakes, Seeing Things Only At Night
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Smoking Cessation. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Lamictal for a 34-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome, Migraine, Sour Stomavh, Dry Mouth, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Armour Thyroid, Neurontin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Malarone, Rocephin Kit, Lamictal, Adderall 30, Cortef, Warfarin Sodium for a 46-year old woman with Fluid Imbalance, Heart Rate Decreased, Depression Postmenopausal, Sleep Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Babesiosis, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Addison's Disease, Vasculitis. The patient has Pancreatitis Chronic, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Endocrine Disorder, Neurological Infection, Cardiac Enzymes, Inflammation Everywhere, Lymph Nodes, Cvid,
Recent Clonidine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.