Review: could Clonidine cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 9,236 people who have side effects while taking Clonidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 41 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonidine and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 9,688 Clonidine users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless legs syndrome patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 9,236 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine. Among them, 41 people (0.44%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Clonidine when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Clonidine * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||0.00%||5.41%||43.24%||24.32%||24.32% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Clonidine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (14 people, 34.15%)
- Oedema (14 people, 34.15%)
- Hypomania (14 people, 34.15%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 12.20%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (5 people, 12.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (18 people, 43.90%)
- Xanax (18 people, 43.90%)
- Coumadin (17 people, 41.46%)
- Lyrica (16 people, 39.02%)
- Depakote (16 people, 39.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonidine and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Clonidine
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Multivitamin, Tri-linyah, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa, Adderall 30 for a 31-year old woman with Enteral Nutrition, Birth Control, Hypertension, Ocd, Adhd. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 32-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Elavil, Clonidine, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Norflex, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax, Lyrica for a 28-year old woman with Migraine, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Back Pain, Insomnia, Headache, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Migraine With Aura
Recent Clonidine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.