Review: could Clonidine cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lisinopril, and have High blood pressure.
We study 9,236 people who have side effects while taking Clonidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 387 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clonidine and have Stomach pain >>>
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 9,688 Clonidine users)
Stomach pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 78,069 Stomach pain patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 9,236 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine. Among them, 387 people (4.19%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Clonidine when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||50.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00%||10.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Clonidine * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||2.70%||3.23%||8.09%||10.24%||19.14%||26.95%||29.65% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Clonidine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (79 people, 20.41%)
- Pain (43 people, 11.11%)
- Multiple myeloma (38 people, 9.82%)
- Nausea (26 people, 6.72%)
- Depression (25 people, 6.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (143 people, 36.95%)
- Aspirin (92 people, 23.77%)
- Heparin sodium injection (86 people, 22.22%)
- Levaquin (83 people, 21.45%)
- Aredia (76 people, 19.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clonidine and stomach pain on
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clonidine and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Clonidine
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Clonidine for a 63-year old woman with Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel
- A study of drug interactions between Azo Gantanol, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Hirsutism, Urgent Urination, Frequent Or Urgent Urination
- A study of drug interactions between Sinemet, Azilect for a 66-year old man with Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Pain - Shoulder, Pain - Abdomen
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
Recent Clonidine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.