Home > Clopidogrel > Hair loss > Clopidogrel and Hair loss
Review: could Clopidogrel cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Clopidogrel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Folic acid, and have Alopecia.
We study 9,695 people who have side effects while taking Clopidogrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clopidogrel and have Hair loss >>>
Clopidogrel (latest outcomes from 9,880 users) has active ingredients of clopidogrel. It is often used in blood clots.
Hair loss (latest reports from 41,549 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 9,695 people reported to have side effects when taking Clopidogrel. Among them, 24 people (0.25%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Clopidogrel when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Clopidogrel * :
|Hair loss||72.00%||28.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Clopidogrel * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.64%||18.18%||68.18% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Clopidogrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Alopecia (4 people, 16.67%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 16.67%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 16.67%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 12.50%)
- Cardiac disorder (2 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (6 people, 25.00%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (5 people, 20.83%)
- Tiotropium bromide (4 people, 16.67%)
- Seretide (4 people, 16.67%)
- Candesartan (4 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Clopidogrel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clopidogrel and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Clopidogrel
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Fluticasone Propionate)
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking xanax. i understand it has caused my hair loss. i once had very thick hair. now i'm almost bald. i'm stopping the xanax. now what??
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, and takes Xanax)
How can I get my hair to grow back if I stop xanax
- I take adelat and mavik and wonder why i would be taking 2 high blood meds i am 70 and pretty healthy. had / very small strokes about 4 years ago
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Had High Blood Pressure And High Cholesterol But Neither Extremely High, and takes Lipitor, Adalat, Mavik)
I had 2 very small strokes no after effects, and higher blood pressure and cholesterol but now a in control and wonder about all these drugs I take over a long period of time.
- Is a side effect of losartan hair loss?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin, Amlodipine Besylate, Multivitamin)
My doctor took me off Lisinopril due to the cough and put me on Losartan. After about 1 year I noticed hair breakage and hair loss. Can the hair damage be reverse by going back to Lisinopril?
More questions for: Clopidogrel, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this dru ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Hair Loss, Depression, and takes Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate)
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, Loss Of Libido, Depressed Mood, Nausea, Visual Disturbance, Urticaria, Obstipation, and takes Morphine)
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
More reviews for: Clopidogrel, Hair loss
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a patient with The Cause. The patient has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hair Loss, Lethargy (tiredness)
Comments: Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of side effects of Rogaine for a patient with Loss Of Hair. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Sebum plugs on scalp,eyebrows,eyelashes,facial hair and all over non facialhair areas such as nose and forehead. The sebum plugs causes My hair to fallout and no visibel regrowth is occuring. My face is really oily and I have flakes/dandruff all over My face. No dandruff on My scalp. This all occure ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zetia, Ramipril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Diarrhea. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Just began Cholestyramine Pack on 10/01/2015 for chronic diahrrea which, after several months and many tests, can not be diagnosed! After approx.2 weeks on this medication, began losing considerable amounts of hair every time I shampooed, brushed or even gently combed. After one week, there is a n ...
More related studies for: Clopidogrel, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.