Review: could Clopidogrel cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Clopidogrel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Folic acid, and have Hair loss.
We study 9,714 people who have side effects while taking Clopidogrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clopidogrel and have Hair loss >>>
Clopidogrel has active ingredients of clopidogrel. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 9,898 Clopidogrel users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Hair loss patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 9,714 people reported to have side effects when taking Clopidogrel. Among them, 24 people (0.25%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Clopidogrel when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Clopidogrel * :
|Hair loss||72.00%||28.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Clopidogrel * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.64%||18.18%||68.18% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Clopidogrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Alopecia (4 people, 16.67%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 16.67%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 16.67%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 12.50%)
- Cardiac disorder (2 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (6 people, 25.00%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (5 people, 20.83%)
- Tiotropium bromide (4 people, 16.67%)
- Seretide (4 people, 16.67%)
- Candesartan (4 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clopidogrel and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Clopidogrel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clopidogrel and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Clopidogrel
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of LARIAM for a 68-year old woman with Malaria. The patient has Asthenia (weakness), Scar Revision (when the skin is injured from a cut or tears the body heals by forming scar tissue), Loss Of Hair
- A study of side effects of Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 51-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Aging Changes In The Face, Menstruation Irregular, Hair Loss, Presbyopia (condition in which the lens of the eye loses its ability to focus, making it difficult to see objects up close)
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 31-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Clopidogrel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Clopidogrel for a 47-year old woman who has TIA, Fungus Nail Infection
- Comparions of Clopidogrel, Dipyridamole for a 77-year old man who has Blood Clots
- Comparions of Clopidogrel, Marijuana for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Tadalafil, Clopidogrel, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 69-year old man who has Abnormal Heart Rhythms
- Comparions of Metformin, Gliclazide, Clopidogrel, Losartan Potassium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Diabetics & Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.