Review: could Clopidogrel cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Clopidogrel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 9,714 people who have side effects while taking Clopidogrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 238 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clopidogrel and have Headache >>>
Clopidogrel has active ingredients of clopidogrel. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 9,898 Clopidogrel users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 202,409 Headache patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 9,714 people reported to have side effects when taking Clopidogrel. Among them, 238 people (2.45%) have Headache.
Time on Clopidogrel when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Clopidogrel * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Clopidogrel * :
Severity of Headache when taking Clopidogrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (31 people, 13.03%)
- Pulmonary embolism (30 people, 12.61%)
- Chest pain (27 people, 11.34%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (18 people, 7.56%)
- Periorbital cellulitis (16 people, 6.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (103 people, 43.28%)
- Simvastatin (45 people, 18.91%)
- Plavix (39 people, 16.39%)
- Omeprazole (39 people, 16.39%)
- Ciprofloxacin (39 people, 16.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clopidogrel and headache on
Do you have Headache while taking Clopidogrel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clopidogrel and have Headache
- support group for people who take Clopidogrel
- support group for people who have Headache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of side effects of Indomethacin for a 62-year old woman with Indomethacin Overdose. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea And Vomiting, Unable To Get Pregnant, Difficulty In Walking, Gums - Swollen
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Zantac 150, Synthroid, Gabapentin, Lexapro for a 54-year old woman with Depression, Gerd, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Fatigue, Nausea, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zorvolex for a 21-year old woman with Ulcers, Headache. The patient has Headache
Recent Clopidogrel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Clopidogrel for a 47-year old woman who has TIA, Fungus Nail Infection
- Comparions of Clopidogrel, Dipyridamole for a 77-year old man who has Blood Clots
- Comparions of Clopidogrel, Marijuana for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Tadalafil, Clopidogrel, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 69-year old man who has Abnormal Heart Rhythms
- Comparions of Metformin, Gliclazide, Clopidogrel, Losartan Potassium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Diabetics & Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.