Review: could Clozapine cause Angle closure glaucoma?
Summary: Angle closure glaucoma is reported only by a few people who take Clozapine.
We study 21,781 people who have side effects while taking Clozapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Angle closure glaucoma. Find out below who they are, when they have Angle closure glaucoma and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clozapine and have Angle closure glaucoma >>>
Clozapine has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from 21,932 Clozapine users)
Angle closure glaucoma
Angle closure glaucoma (term used for several ocular diseases that ultimately result in increased intraocular pressure (iop) and decreased visual acuity) has been reported by people with migraine, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 1,307 Angle closure glaucoma patients)
On Apr, 20, 2015: 21,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozapine. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Angle Closure Glaucoma.
Time on Clozapine when people have Angle closure glaucoma * :
Gender of people who have Angle closure glaucoma when taking Clozapine * :
|Angle closure glaucoma||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Angle closure glaucoma when taking Clozapine * :
Severity of Angle closure glaucoma when taking Clozapine ** :
How people recovered from Angle closure glaucoma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ill-defined disorder (2 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (2 people, 66.67%)
- Lamotrigine (2 people, 66.67%)
- Gemfibrozil (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Angle Closure Glaucoma while taking Clozapine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clozapine and have Angle Closure Glaucoma
- support group for people who take Clozapine
- support group for people who have Angle Closure Glaucoma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Clozapine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Concerta, Clozapine for a 27-year old man who has Schizophrenia Simple
- Comparions of Dexedrine, Clozaril for a 38-year old man who has Add Schizophrenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.