Home > Clozapine > Delirium > Clozapine and Delirium
Review: could Clozapine cause Delirium?
Summary: Delirium is found among people who take Clozapine, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Risperdal, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 21,771 people who have side effects while taking Clozapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 199 have Delirium. Find out below who they are, when they have Delirium and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clozapine and have Delirium >>>
Clozapine (latest outcomes from 21,921 users) has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia.
Delirium (wild excitement) (latest reports from 14,554 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, insomnia, herpes zoster.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 21,771 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozapine. Among them, 199 people (0.91%) have Delirium.
Time on Clozapine when people have Delirium * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Delirium when taking Clozapine * :
Age of people who have Delirium when taking Clozapine * :
Severity of Delirium when taking Clozapine ** :
How people recovered from Delirium ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (66 people, 33.17%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (33 people, 16.58%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (31 people, 15.58%)
- Depression (20 people, 10.05%)
- Psychotic disorder (13 people, 6.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (31 people, 15.58%)
- Zolpidem tartrate (27 people, 13.57%)
- Seroquel (27 people, 13.57%)
- Abilify (25 people, 12.56%)
- Nexium (25 people, 12.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Delirium while taking Clozapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clozapine and have Delirium
- support group for people who take Clozapine
- support group for people who have Delirium
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Metoperal 100 mg and lisiprol just doubled to 100mg i've had joint pain in shoulders right knee right now it's in right hip joint pain severe .... immobile right now what do i do to relieve this ....
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, and takes Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lipitor, Clozapine)
I have more medications but, it won't let me list them. So I'm finishing them first. ...levathroxin , nuerotin, tramadol, baby aspirin, flovent inhaler, albuteral sulfate inhaler , two diabetic meds and insulin ok this joint pain started back up when I was increased to control my blood pressure b ...
- Should risperidone be given to a patient with delirium without dementia
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Delirium, B12 131, and takes Risperidone)
my mother is being given risperidone for delirium and its making it worse it says online not to be used for delirium ????
- Will sulindac cause me to gain weight?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Arthritis, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Inflammation, and takes Prempro, Claritin, Clozapine, Oxytocin, Flexeril)
I am 45 overweight still. I have lost 50 pounds prior to starting sulindac and now I'm just losing one pound a month. Exercise (zumba, elipitical , walk, light weights, and swim) which I do 2 of those workouts daily and eat fairly good. Is any of these medications interfering with my weight loss?
More questions for: Clozapine, Delirium
More reviews for: Clozapine, Delirium
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Lorazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Clozapine for a patient with High Arch, Anxiety, Mood Stabilizer, Paranoid Schizophrenia. The patient has Paranoid Schizophrenia
Comments: i have been measuring my own blood pressure and its normal consistantly averaging 109/67 and therefore i don't know why Bisoprolol has been given to me.
I have a congenital heart defect (murmur)
i suffer with chronic heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Lovastatin, Tricor, Tranxene, Vesicare, Desmopressin Acetate Preservative Free, Prozac, Abilify, Lithium Carbonate, Clozaril for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Schizoaffective Disorder, Urinary Incontinence. The patient has Bowel Incontinence, Incontinence - Urinary, Thought Blocking
Comments: I have severe thought blocking and my speech is halted - almost like a stutter. I would like to know if it's due to the medicine. Also I would like to know if my UI has to do with the meds. I also have frequent bowl movements and sometimes I'm not able to make it to the bathroom in time.
- A study of side effects of Tylenol for a patient with Hand-foot-and-mouth Disease. The patient has Delirium (wild excitement)
Comments: Grandparent very concerned over episode of confusion, combativeness, fearfulness, heightened sensitivity to noise, and absolutely inconsolable crying, lasting 1 1/2 hours from the time this 2-year, old normally-healthy child awoke from nap. She had been given Childrens Tylenol 5 ml prior to nap and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Digoxin, Lamotrigine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Depression, Heart Rate Irregular, Epilepsy. The patient has Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Delirium
Comments: Switched to Lamictal then later to Lamotrigine.
Symptoms of ADHD and delirium get increasingly worse as time passes.
After taking Lamictal then lamotrigine he can't manage finances at work and does not get anything completed without assistance.
- A study of drug interactions between Novolog, Lantus, Vicodin, Coumadin, Prednisone, Seroquel, Miralax, Atorvastatin Calcium, Protonix, Allopurinol, Lopressor, Spironolactone, Megace for a patient with Diabetes, Pain Exacerbated, Blood Clots, Temporal Arteritis, Depression - Elderly, Constipation, Heart Disease - Diabetes, Gerd, Kidney Stones, High Blood Pressure, Hyperaldosteronism, Appetite. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Delirium, Confusional State, Delusions, Mixed
Comments: physician things delusions/hallucinations are due to arterial temporitis flareup and has increased prednisone from 10mg to 40mg. Now she won't sleep, and had much trouble before that as it is. Sometimes she is lucid, other times delusional (calling for people who aren't there). Husband passed away ...
More related studies for: Clozapine, Delirium
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.