Review: could Clozapine cause Hepatitis c?
Summary: Hepatitis c is found among people who take Clozapine, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Interferon, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 21,778 people who have side effects while taking Clozapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 93 have Hepatitis c. Find out below who they are, when they have Hepatitis c and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clozapine and have Hepatitis c >>>
Clozapine has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from 21,927 Clozapine users)
Hepatitis c has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, liver transplant, hiv infection, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 41,475 Hepatitis c patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 21,778 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozapine. Among them, 93 people (0.43%) have Hepatitis C.
Time on Clozapine when people have Hepatitis c * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hepatitis c||10.53%||18.42%||2.63%||18.42%||39.47%||10.53%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Clozapine * :
|Hepatitis c||19.05%||80.95% |
Age of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Clozapine * :
|Hepatitis c||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.61%||43.82%||35.96%||5.62%||0.00% |
Severity of Hepatitis c when taking Clozapine ** :
How people recovered from Hepatitis c ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (72 people, 77.42%)
- Hepatitis c (25 people, 26.88%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (15 people, 16.13%)
- Asthma (3 people, 3.23%)
- Depression (3 people, 3.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Interferon (36 people, 38.71%)
- Pegasys (21 people, 22.58%)
- Ribavirin (20 people, 21.51%)
- Aripiprazole (11 people, 11.83%)
- Antivirals nos (10 people, 10.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clozapine and hepatitis c on
Do you have Hepatitis C while taking Clozapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Clozapine and have Hepatitis C
- support group for people who take Clozapine
- support group for people who have Hepatitis C
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Valproate Sodium, Omeprazole, Ferrous Fumarate, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Lithium Carbonate, Aspirin, Clozapine for a 42-year old woman with Headache, Mood Stabilizer, Acid Reflux, Anaemia, Hypertension, Blood Thinner, Schizophrenia. The patient has Aortic Regurgitation, Skitzopheniaauditory Halucinations Of A Comanding Nature
- A study of side effects of Clozapine for a 16-year old boy with Schizophrenia. The patient has Psychosis
- A study of drug interactions between Methocarbamol, Baclofen, Montelukast Sodium, Lisinopril, Loratadine, Prilosec for a 48-year old woman with Muscle Spasticity, Restless Leg Syndrome, Asthma, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Gerd. The patient has Lumbar Disc Lesion, Rhinitis Allergic, Immune Hemolytic Anemia Secondary To Drugs, Bronchitis Acute, Hepatitis C, Acute Myeloid Leukemia (aml)
- A study of side effects of Clozapine for a 1-year old boy with Adverse Drug Reaction. The patient has Personality Change, Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood)
- A study of side effects of Clozapine for a 60-year old man with Uveitis. The patient has Uveitis (inflammation of the uvea)
Recent Clozapine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Concerta, Clozapine for a 27-year old man who has Schizophrenia Simple
- Comparions of Dexedrine, Clozaril for a 38-year old man who has Add Schizophrenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.