Home > Clozapine > Hepatitis c > Clozapine and Hepatitis c
Review: could Clozapine cause Hepatitis c?
Summary: Hepatitis c is found among people who take Clozapine, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Interferon, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 21,771 people who have side effects while taking Clozapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 93 have Hepatitis c. Find out below who they are, when they have Hepatitis c and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clozapine and have Hepatitis c >>>
Clozapine (latest outcomes from 21,920 users) has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia.
Hepatitis c (latest reports from 56,512 patients) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, liver transplant, hiv infection, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 21,771 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozapine. Among them, 93 people (0.43%) have Hepatitis C.
Time on Clozapine when people have Hepatitis c * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hepatitis c||10.53%||18.42%||2.63%||18.42%||39.47%||10.53%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Clozapine * :
|Hepatitis c||19.05%||80.95% |
Age of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Clozapine * :
|Hepatitis c||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.61%||43.82%||35.96%||5.62%||0.00% |
Severity of Hepatitis c when taking Clozapine ** :
How people recovered from Hepatitis c ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (72 people, 77.42%)
- Hepatitis c (25 people, 26.88%)
- Schizophrenia, paranoid type (15 people, 16.13%)
- Asthma (3 people, 3.23%)
- Depression (3 people, 3.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Interferon (36 people, 38.71%)
- Pegasys (21 people, 22.58%)
- Ribavirin (20 people, 21.51%)
- Aripiprazole (11 people, 11.83%)
- Antivirals nos (10 people, 10.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hepatitis C while taking Clozapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clozapine and have Hepatitis C
- support group for people who take Clozapine
- support group for people who have Hepatitis C
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Metoperal 100 mg and lisiprol just doubled to 100mg i've had joint pain in shoulders right knee right now it's in right hip joint pain severe .... immobile right now what do i do to relieve this ....
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, and takes Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lipitor, Clozapine)
I have more medications but, it won't let me list them. So I'm finishing them first. ...levathroxin , nuerotin, tramadol, baby aspirin, flovent inhaler, albuteral sulfate inhaler , two diabetic meds and insulin ok this joint pain started back up when I was increased to control my blood pressure b ...
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- Spiriva headache. will the headaches subside?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has COPD, Hepatitis C, and takes Spiriva, Albuterol Sulfate)
I have been using Spiriva for almost 3 weeks now and have just started waking up with severe headaches. I am wondering if these will subside or do I need to find another medication? Do all of these types of inhalers for COPD cause headaches? The SPiriva is actually stating to help with the COPD but ...
- Are there reports of advair diskus 250/50 causing hepatitis c
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Hepatitis C, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50)
I have been taking Advair Diskus 250/50 for 8 years and was diagnosed with Hepatitis c 2 and a half years.
- Will sulindac cause me to gain weight?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Arthritis, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Inflammation, and takes Prempro, Claritin, Clozapine, Oxytocin, Flexeril)
I am 45 overweight still. I have lost 50 pounds prior to starting sulindac and now I'm just losing one pound a month. Exercise (zumba, elipitical , walk, light weights, and swim) which I do 2 of those workouts daily and eat fairly good. Is any of these medications interfering with my weight loss?
More questions for: Clozapine, Hepatitis c
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Topiramate and liver function
(Posted by a 42 year old man who has Hepatitis C)
I started taking topiramate and in 2 months my liver started to go really bad. I stopped the medication and it within 12 hours I felt better, specifically in terms of body temperature.
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
More reviews for: Clozapine, Hepatitis c
- A study of drug interactions between Prevacid, Clozapine, Zoloft, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Topamax, Treximet for a patient with GE Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Migraine Without Aura, Migraine. The patient has Claudication
Comments: Started a few weeks ago. Very painful going up stairs or sitting then getting and walking down the hall.
- A study of side effects of Clozapine for a patient with Schizophrenia, Disorganised Type. The patient has Sodium Bisulfate
Comments: has been on sodiumdalbroate for 1 week no different as yet anger at staff sometimes blaming parents for putting him in hospital dosen.t want to speak to brother twin or parents all week.
- A study of drug interactions between Aripiprazole, Clozapine for a patient with Schizoaffective Disorder. The patient has
Comments: Patient experiences joint aches especially in knees.
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Clozapine for a patient with Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief, Panic Disorder. The patient has
Comments: are there dangers to mixing these medications
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Lorazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Clozapine for a patient with High Arch, Anxiety, Mood Stabilizer, Paranoid Schizophrenia. The patient has Paranoid Schizophrenia
Comments: i have been measuring my own blood pressure and its normal consistantly averaging 109/67 and therefore i don't know why Bisoprolol has been given to me.
I have a congenital heart defect (murmur)
i suffer with chronic heartburn
More related studies for: Clozapine, Hepatitis c
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.