Clozapine and Hepatitis c - from FDA reports
Hepatitis c is found among people who take Clozapine, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Pegasys, and have Schizophrenia, paranoid type. This review analyzes which people have Hepatitis c with Clozapine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,948 people who have side effects when taking Clozapine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 27, 2017
29,948 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozapine.
Among them, 104 people (0.35%) have Hepatitis c
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clozapine when people have Hepatitis c *:
- < 1 month: 3.45 %
- 1 - 6 months: 24.14 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.45 %
- 1 - 2 years: 17.24 %
- 2 - 5 years: 37.93 %
- 5 - 10 years: 13.79 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Clozapine *:
- female: 19.61 %
- male: 80.39 %
Age of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Clozapine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 17.14 %
- 30-39: 31.43 %
- 40-49: 41.43 %
- 50-59: 8.57 %
- 60+: 1.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (10 people, 9.62%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (2 people, 1.92%)
- Asthma (2 people, 1.92%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (1 person, 0.96%)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1 person, 0.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pegasys (14 people, 13.46%)
- Ribavirin (13 people, 12.50%)
- Olanzapine (5 people, 4.81%)
- Clozaril (5 people, 4.81%)
- Aripiprazole (5 people, 4.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased (39 people, 37.50%)
- Agranulocytosis (32 people, 30.77%)
- Neutrophil Count Decreased (28 people, 26.92%)
- Thrombocytopenia (19 people, 18.27%)
- Malaise (15 people, 14.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hepatitis c when taking Clozapine?
- Check symptoms - is hepatitis c caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHepatitis c and drugs with ingredients of clozapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHepatitis c and Clozapine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clozapine has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Clozapine 30,234 users)
Hepatitis c has been reported by people with hepatitis c, schizophrenia, hiv infection, liver transplant, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 106,193 Hepatitis c patients).
Browse all side effects of Clozapinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Hepatitis cHepatitis c
Could your condition cause Hepatitis cHepatitis c
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi, I was diagnosed with bronchiectasis recently. My consultant was baffled. I never smoked all my life but I do have Hepatitis C for the last 40 years. I have recently been treated, hopefully successfully, for HepC. I wonder has anyone else been similarly affected with both diseases.
I'm glad I found this site. I've had Hep C for the past 31 years, about 4 years ago I was hospitalize for Vertigo, never knew where it came from. I do have high blood pressure. I have now been treated for Hep C the past 8 weeks.
I'm Newton , from south Brazil, and I've been through clozapine for almost 6 years, and since I quit (fifteen years ago in 2001), I feel sleepy and tired all the time. My health is very poor, I suffer a lot. Thank You!