Review: could Clozaril cause Akathisia?
Summary: Akathisia is found among people who take Clozaril, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Venlafaxine hcl, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 25,521 people who have side effects while taking Clozaril from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Akathisia. Find out below who they are, when they have Akathisia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clozaril and have Akathisia >>>
Clozaril has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Clozaril 25,617 users)
Akathisia (a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, gastric disorder.(latest reports from Akathisia 5,744 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 25,521 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozaril. Among them, 40 people (0.16%) have Akathisia.
Time on Clozaril when people have Akathisia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Akathisia when taking Clozaril * :
Age of people who have Akathisia when taking Clozaril * :
Severity of Akathisia when taking Clozaril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Akathisia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (16 people, 40.00%)
- Depression (4 people, 10.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (3 people, 7.50%)
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 7.50%)
- Borderline personality disorder (3 people, 7.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Venlafaxine hcl (9 people, 22.50%)
- Cogentin (8 people, 20.00%)
- Ativan (7 people, 17.50%)
- Fluoxetine (6 people, 15.00%)
- Zyprexa (6 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Akathisia while taking Clozaril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clozaril and have Akathisia
- support group for people who take Clozaril
- support group for people who have Akathisia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Metoperal 100 mg and lisiprol just doubled to 100mg i've had joint pain in shoulders right knee right now it's in right hip joint pain severe .... immobile right now what do i do to relieve this ....
I have more medications but, it won't let me list them. So I'm finishing them first. ...levathroxin , nuerotin, tramadol, baby aspirin, flovent inhaler, albuteral sulfate inhaler , two diabetic meds and insulin ok this joint pain started back up when I was increased to control my blood pressure because it was still too high. ... it's been in my shoulders my hips my knees my abdomin today it is in right hip immobile ....I also am dealing with lots of swelling in my face my hands my lower legs..can someone please tell me wether to discontinue these or bare with it until my body adjusts to the increase again. ..it really feels like it's broke it hurts that much I awoke tried to roll onto my back and screamed from the pain ..help ....I feel like swallowing a bottle of Taliban if it's inflammation no really.. if take 4 like I diff yesterday it was both hips last week when I started it was my shoulder I went to ER for help ... stupid idiot..ran me through X rays blood deals Ct scheduled an MRI.... Dr came back in room that day goes well you didn't fall and break it ...I told you that the nurses when I came in it's joint pain I couldn't move my arms hardly without grunting or yelling because of the pain...... so he hits me with morphine in my iv ...omg ...I vomited everywhere..... everywhere even on the computer the nurse .... so they quickly got a nausea medication ... kept me forever finally dr. Howe (pain management ) came to see me and they took me over to surgery center ...I ok 'd it for steroid shots all over to avoid the severe threshold of pain I got injections in the back of my neck my shoulders myn lower back hips buttocks ands knees. ... I'm still blowing up like a balloon and I may have to call and endure the Er today f for him to come putt more injecections in...... any help to avoid this because I hate the side effect of the steroids even though it provides relief with no major pain oil addiction .... anyone with a reminder of not getting these injections or tonal overdosing each day to manage plus mastering and moveing it with someone helping me to get out mobil would be appreciated.... I'm at the point of stopping the meds and liveing with my blood pressure high or finding another medication without these side affects..... oh one more important thing I've dealt with this for the last two years on n off. ... I've been b on metoperal everybody of 6/7 years.... the I ... lay two years with an increase almost 2weeks ago ... and the joint pain I'd happening again and swelling. ..... help help help help help help help please !
- Will sulindac cause me to gain weight? (1 answer)
I am 45 overweight still. I have lost 50 pounds prior to starting sulindac and now I'm just losing one pound a month. Exercise (zumba, elipitical , walk, light weights, and swim) which I do 2 of those workouts daily and eat fairly good. Is any of these medications interfering with my weight loss?
More questions for: Clozaril, Akathisia
More reviews for: Clozaril, Akathisia
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- i have been measuring my own blood pressure and its normal consistantly averaging 109/67 and therefore i don't know why Bisoprolol has been given to me.
I have a congenital heart defect (murmur)
i suffer with chronic heartburn
- This happened to me last night. I got home thinking it was over then a few hours after I woke, it came back today. It was not as bad as last night but I wait till the last minute. I am on depakote for seizures. I had them yesterday and today from whatever this eps is. I need to know What else can ca ...
- I have severe thought blocking and my speech is halted - almost like a stutter. I would like to know if it's due to the medicine. Also I would like to know if my UI has to do with the meds. I also have frequent bowl movements and sometimes I'm not able to make it to the bathroom in time.
- I have a history of anxiety dating back to childhood. I experienced normal grief reactions and depressive episodes throughout my teenage years, twenties, and thirties. I was diagnosed with a benign meningioma in my left frontal lobe in May, 1998. I was placed on an SSRI, Zoloft, following brain surg ...
More related studies for: Clozaril, Akathisia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.