Review: could Clozaril cause Akathisia?
Summary: Akathisia is found among people who take Clozaril, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Venlafaxine hcl, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 25,523 people who have side effects while taking Clozaril from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Akathisia. Find out below who they are, when they have Akathisia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Clozaril and have Akathisia >>>
Clozaril has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from 25,619 Clozaril users)
Akathisia (a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, gastric disorder. (latest reports from 5,778 Akathisia patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 25,523 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozaril. Among them, 40 people (0.16%) have Akathisia.
Time on Clozaril when people have Akathisia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Akathisia when taking Clozaril * :
Age of people who have Akathisia when taking Clozaril * :
Severity of Akathisia when taking Clozaril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Akathisia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (16 people, 40.00%)
- Depression (4 people, 10.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (3 people, 7.50%)
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 7.50%)
- Borderline personality disorder (3 people, 7.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Venlafaxine hcl (9 people, 22.50%)
- Cogentin (8 people, 20.00%)
- Ativan (7 people, 17.50%)
- Fluoxetine (6 people, 15.00%)
- Zyprexa (6 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clozaril and akathisia on
Do you have Akathisia while taking Clozaril?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Clozaril and have Akathisia
- support group for people who take Clozaril
- support group for people who have Akathisia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Clozaril related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Clozapine for a 18-year old boy who has Stem Cell Research
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Concerta, Clozapine for a 27-year old man who has Schizophrenia Simple
- Comparions of Dexedrine, Clozaril for a 38-year old man who has Add Schizophrenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.