Home > Clozaril > Akathisia > Clozaril and Akathisia
Review: could Clozaril cause Akathisia?
Summary: Akathisia is found among people who take Clozaril, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Venlafaxine hcl, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 25,521 people who have side effects while taking Clozaril from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Akathisia. Find out below who they are, when they have Akathisia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clozaril and have Akathisia >>>
Clozaril (latest outcomes from 25,617 users) has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia.
Akathisia (a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness) (latest reports from 22,340 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, gastric disorder.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 25,520 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozaril. Among them, 40 people (0.16%) have Akathisia.
Time on Clozaril when people have Akathisia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Akathisia when taking Clozaril * :
Age of people who have Akathisia when taking Clozaril * :
Severity of Akathisia when taking Clozaril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Akathisia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (16 people, 40.00%)
- Depression (4 people, 10.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (3 people, 7.50%)
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 7.50%)
- Borderline personality disorder (3 people, 7.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Venlafaxine hcl (9 people, 22.50%)
- Cogentin (8 people, 20.00%)
- Ativan (7 people, 17.50%)
- Fluoxetine (6 people, 15.00%)
- Zyprexa (6 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Akathisia while taking Clozaril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clozaril and have Akathisia
- support group for people who take Clozaril
- support group for people who have Akathisia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Metoperal 100 mg and lisiprol just doubled to 100mg i've had joint pain in shoulders right knee right now it's in right hip joint pain severe .... immobile right now what do i do to relieve this ....
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, and takes Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lipitor, Clozapine)
I have more medications but, it won't let me list them. So I'm finishing them first. ...levathroxin , nuerotin, tramadol, baby aspirin, flovent inhaler, albuteral sulfate inhaler , two diabetic meds and insulin ok this joint pain started back up when I was increased to control my blood pressure b ...
- Will sulindac cause me to gain weight?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Arthritis, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Inflammation, and takes Prempro, Claritin, Clozapine, Oxytocin, Flexeril)
I am 45 overweight still. I have lost 50 pounds prior to starting sulindac and now I'm just losing one pound a month. Exercise (zumba, elipitical , walk, light weights, and swim) which I do 2 of those workouts daily and eat fairly good. Is any of these medications interfering with my weight loss?
More questions for: Clozaril, Akathisia
More reviews for: Clozaril, Akathisia
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Lorazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Clozapine for a patient with High Arch, Anxiety, Mood Stabilizer, Paranoid Schizophrenia. The patient has Paranoid Schizophrenia
Comments: i have been measuring my own blood pressure and its normal consistantly averaging 109/67 and therefore i don't know why Bisoprolol has been given to me.
I have a congenital heart defect (murmur)
i suffer with chronic heartburn
- A study of side effects of Depakote Er for a patient with Celiac Disease - Nutritional Considerations. The patient has Parkinsonism (degenerative disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination), Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement), Akathisia (a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness)
Comments: This happened to me last night. I got home thinking it was over then a few hours after I woke, it came back today. It was not as bad as last night but I wait till the last minute. I am on depakote for seizures. I had them yesterday and today from whatever this eps is. I need to know What else can ca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lovastatin, Tricor, Tranxene, Vesicare, Desmopressin Acetate Preservative Free, Prozac, Abilify, Lithium Carbonate, Clozaril for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Schizoaffective Disorder, Urinary Incontinence. The patient has Bowel Incontinence, Incontinence - Urinary, Thought Blocking
Comments: I have severe thought blocking and my speech is halted - almost like a stutter. I would like to know if it's due to the medicine. Also I would like to know if my UI has to do with the meds. I also have frequent bowl movements and sometimes I'm not able to make it to the bathroom in time.
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Clonazepam, Topamax, Lamictal for a patient with Depression, Seizure - Generalized, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Seizure - Temporal Lobe. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss, Cognitive Deficits, Impairment Of Speech, Memory Impairment, Akathisia
Comments: I have a history of anxiety dating back to childhood. I experienced normal grief reactions and depressive episodes throughout my teenage years, twenties, and thirties. I was diagnosed with a benign meningioma in my left frontal lobe in May, 1998. I was placed on an SSRI, Zoloft, following brain surg ...
More related studies for: Clozaril, Akathisia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Avocado and Nocturnal Emission
- Isentress and Gynecomastia
- Hair Loss and Liver Abscess
- Dizziness and Trileptal
- Seizures and Dizziness
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started ome ... (5 hours ago)
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (11 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (11 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (16 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)