Clozaril and Marijuana abuse - from FDA reports
Marijuana abuse is found among people who take Clozaril, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Salivary hypersecretion. This review analyzes which people have Marijuana abuse with Clozaril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,473 people who have side effects when taking Clozaril from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 28, 2017
36,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozaril.
Among them, 156 people (0.43%) have Marijuana abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clozaril when people have Marijuana abuse *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 30 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10 %
- 10+ years: 5 %
Gender of people who have Marijuana abuse when taking Clozaril *:
- female: 8.84 %
- male: 91.16 %
Age of people who have Marijuana abuse when taking Clozaril *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 28.57 %
- 30-39: 35.71 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 7.14 %
- 60+: 3.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (10 people, 6.41%)
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (10 people, 6.41%)
- Salivary Hypersecretion (10 people, 6.41%)
- Drug Dependence (4 people, 2.56%)
- Agitation (4 people, 2.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole (12 people, 7.69%)
- Amisulpride (11 people, 7.05%)
- Diazepam (10 people, 6.41%)
- Seroquel (7 people, 4.49%)
- Risperdal (7 people, 4.49%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (123 people, 78.85%)
- Psychotic Disorder (14 people, 8.97%)
- Alcoholism (13 people, 8.33%)
- White Blood Cell Count Increased (12 people, 7.69%)
- Mental Impairment (10 people, 6.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Marijuana abuse when taking Clozaril?
- Check symptoms - is marijuana abuse caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMarijuana abuse and drugs with ingredients of clozapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMarijuana abuse and Clozaril from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clozaril has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Clozaril 36,652 users)
Marijuana abuse has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, drug dependence, depression, pain (latest reports from 35,501 Marijuana abuse patients).
Browse all side effects of Clozarila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Marijuana abuseMarijuana abuse
Could your condition cause Marijuana abuseMarijuana abuse
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Is there a specific reason why or how someone would become addicted to cocaine following a diagnosis of fibromyalgia? Especially odd since this abuser recognized a problem with alcohol, joined AA, yet continued with an intense cocaine addiction.
User reviews to the study
Hi everyone! So glad to have found this site! I am a mother of two (three actually but lost a 2 year old daughter due to AVM 3 years ago) and joining the support group with her condition before lead me to come out of my depression after losing her. I am looking forward to meet you all here in ...
I'm a 45 single mother of two girls 10 and 8.5 ...been on disability since 2009..ex husband trying to take my girls away because of my ms ...although I'm functioning quite well. I own a house ..car...volunteer and the kids school ...I use to help with he pain and to give me energy but it's ...