Review: could Clozaril cause Ocd (Obsessive-compulsive disorder)?
Summary: Ocd is found among people who take Clozaril, especially for people who are male, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Citalopram hydrobromide, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 25,523 people who have side effects while taking Clozaril from FDA and social media. Among them, 160 have Ocd. Find out below who they are, when they have Ocd and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clozaril and have Ocd >>>
Clozaril has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from 25,619 Clozaril users)
Ocd (obsessive-compulsive disorder) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, restless leg syndrome, depression, pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 8,920 Ocd patients)
On Feb, 4, 2015: 25,523 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozaril. Among them, 160 people (0.63%) have Ocd.
Time on Clozaril when people have Ocd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ocd when taking Clozaril * :
Age of people who have Ocd when taking Clozaril * :
Severity of Ocd when taking Clozaril ** :
How people recovered from Ocd ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (160 people, 100.00%)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (129 people, 80.62%)
- Constipation (59 people, 36.88%)
- Dyspepsia (50 people, 31.25%)
- Depression (16 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Citalopram hydrobromide (104 people, 65.00%)
- Risperidone (85 people, 53.12%)
- Clomipramine hcl (67 people, 41.88%)
- Escitalopram (67 people, 41.88%)
- Haloperidol (66 people, 41.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of clozaril and ocd on
Do you have Ocd while taking Clozaril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clozaril and have Ocd
- support group for people who take Clozaril
- support group for people who have Ocd
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Valproate Sodium, Omeprazole, Ferrous Fumarate, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Lithium Carbonate, Aspirin, Clozapine for a 42-year old woman with Headache, Mood Stabilizer, Acid Reflux, Anaemia, Hypertension, Blood Thinner, Schizophrenia. The patient has Auditory Halucinations Of A Comanding Nature, Skitzophenia
- A study of side effects of Clozapine for a 16-year old boy with Schizophrenia. The patient has Psychosis
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 11-year old boy with ADD. The patient has Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus), Ocd (obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- A study of side effects of Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Addiction. The patient has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;)
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Mirtazapine, Requip, Potassium Chloride, Klonopin, Seasonique, Celexa, Vyvanse for a 28-year old woman with Hair Growth Abnormal, Narcolepsy, Restless Leg Syndrome, Muscle Cramps, Anxiety, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Compulsive Hoarding, Compulsive Shopping
Recent Clozaril related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Concerta, Clozapine for a 27-year old man who has Schizophrenia Simple
- Comparions of Dexedrine, Clozaril for a 38-year old man who has Add Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Clozapine, Bystolic for a 16-year old girl who has Schizophrenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.