Home > Clozaril > Ocd > Clozaril and Ocd
Review: could Clozaril cause Ocd (Obsessive-compulsive disorder)?
Summary: Ocd is found among people who take Clozaril, especially for people who are male, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Citalopram hydrobromide, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 25,521 people who have side effects while taking Clozaril from FDA and social media. Among them, 160 have Ocd. Find out below who they are, when they have Ocd and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clozaril and have Ocd >>>
Clozaril (latest outcomes from 25,617 users) has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia.
Ocd (obsessive-compulsive disorder) (latest reports from 8,043 patients) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, restless leg syndrome, depression, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 25,521 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozaril. Among them, 160 people (0.63%) have Ocd.
Time on Clozaril when people have Ocd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ocd when taking Clozaril * :
Age of people who have Ocd when taking Clozaril * :
Severity of Ocd when taking Clozaril ** :
How people recovered from Ocd ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (160 people, 100.00%)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (129 people, 80.62%)
- Constipation (59 people, 36.88%)
- Dyspepsia (50 people, 31.25%)
- Depression (16 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Citalopram hydrobromide (104 people, 65.00%)
- Risperidone (85 people, 53.12%)
- Clomipramine hcl (67 people, 41.88%)
- Escitalopram (67 people, 41.88%)
- Haloperidol (66 people, 41.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ocd while taking Clozaril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Clozaril and have Ocd
- support group for people who take Clozaril
- support group for people who have Ocd
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Metoperal 100 mg and lisiprol just doubled to 100mg i've had joint pain in shoulders right knee right now it's in right hip joint pain severe .... immobile right now what do i do to relieve this ....
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, and takes Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lipitor, Clozapine)
I have more medications but, it won't let me list them. So I'm finishing them first. ...levathroxin , nuerotin, tramadol, baby aspirin, flovent inhaler, albuteral sulfate inhaler , two diabetic meds and insulin ok this joint pain started back up when I was increased to control my blood pressure b ...
- Anafranil memory problems all details
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, and takes Anafranil)
OCD and anafranil side effects when do they go?
when does the side effects vanish?
what are the side effects for 37.5 anafranil dosage?
- Will sulindac cause me to gain weight?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Arthritis, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Inflammation, and takes Prempro, Claritin, Clozapine, Oxytocin, Flexeril)
I am 45 overweight still. I have lost 50 pounds prior to starting sulindac and now I'm just losing one pound a month. Exercise (zumba, elipitical , walk, light weights, and swim) which I do 2 of those workouts daily and eat fairly good. Is any of these medications interfering with my weight loss?
- Will i recover from a tourette's like disorder brought on by seroquel ?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Panic Disorder, OCD, Insomnia, Tourette Syndrome, and takes Adderall 15, Buprenorphine Hydrochloride, Seroquel Xr)
Started Seroquel first night 12.5 mg nothing 2am take 12.5 mg seroquel slept 2 hours maximum
2nd nite 6pm12.5 mg seroquel 7pm 12.5 mg sleep hours later only 2hours slept at 2am12.5 mg seroquel nothing
Next morning about 9-10 am i start becoming extremely irritable agitated aggressive. Then i ope ...
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia extract while taking prozac?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has OCD, and takes Glucosamine, Calcium, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Lipitor, Magnesium)
looking for a safe way to give my body a weight loss boost
More questions for: Clozaril, Ocd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, and takes Paxil)
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
(Posted by a 26 year old man who has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Anxiety)
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
More reviews for: Clozaril, Ocd
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Fluoxetine for a patient with Ocd. The patient has Ocd
Comments: I have been on benzos since i was 20. And I am now 70,that's 50 years,now. First on valium 25 mgs daily,then on lorazepam 8 mgs daily later raised to current 10mgs daily. And 10 years ago on fluoxetine 60 mgs daily. My carotids showed zero blockage by doppler just 1 year ago at 69 years of age. My c ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Sertraline, Keppra for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Ocd, Seizures. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Ocd
Comments: After taking Keppra for 9 months following a grand mal seizure and subsequent brain tumor removal, I suddenly developed extreme OCD. I literally count everything. When I try to read,the phrases repeat in my head. The simplest task has become a monumental struggle. My physician has had me on 50 mg Se ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fluvoxamine Maleate, Quetiapine Fumarate, Escitalopram Oxalate for a patient with OCD, Depression. The patient has Ocd, Depression
Comments: i was taking escitalopram(20 mg) and quetiapine xr (150 mg) and i was doing good on this medication but i was managing the drowsiness and dry throat because of this medication and i was able to manage it...i took this combination for one year but the problem started when i start taking fluvoxamine(5 ...
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;)
Comments: About 1 yr ago I switched from Prozac to Cymbalta, most recently on 80mg daily. Just recently weaned off Cymbalta to go back on Prozac. It seems my OCD symptoms worsened while on Cymbalta and wondering if they will lessen now that I'm off of it.
More related studies for: Clozaril, Ocd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.