Review: could Cod liver oil cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Cod liver oil, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Amisulpride, and have Mood swings.
We study 381 people who have side effects while taking Cod liver oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cod liver oil and have Upset stomach >>>
Cod liver oil
Cod Liver Oil has active ingredients of cod liver oil. It is often used in general physical condition abnormal. (latest outcomes from 401 Cod Liver Oil users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,490 Upset stomach patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 381 people reported to have side effects when taking Cod liver oil. Among them, 13 people (3.41%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Cod liver oil when people have Upset stomach * :
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Cod liver oil * :
|Upset stomach||36.36%||63.64% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Cod liver oil * :
|Upset stomach||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||45.45%||18.18%||18.18% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Cod liver oil ** :
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Mood swings (6 people, 46.15%)
- Schizophrenia (1 people, 7.69%)
- Ill-defined disorder (1 people, 7.69%)
- Phenylketonuria (1 people, 7.69%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amisulpride (7 people, 53.85%)
- Salbutamol (7 people, 53.85%)
- Valproate sodium (7 people, 53.85%)
- Lamotrigine (7 people, 53.85%)
- Hyoscine hbr hyt (7 people, 53.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Cod Liver Oil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cod liver oil and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Cod liver oil
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Indomethacin for a 62-year old woman with Indomethacin Overdose. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea And Vomiting, Unable To Get Pregnant, Difficulty In Walking, Gums - Swollen
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
Recent Cod liver oil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.