Home > Coenzyme q10 > Hair loss > Coenzyme q10 and Hair loss
Review: could Coenzyme q10 cause Hair loss?
We study 989 people who have side effects while taking Coenzyme q10 from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Coenzyme q10 and have Hair loss >>>
Coenzyme q10 (latest outcomes from 1,077 users) has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in health.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 989 people reported to have side effects when taking Coenzyme q10. Among them, 10 people (1.01%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Coenzyme q10 when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Coenzyme q10 * :
|Hair loss||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Coenzyme q10 * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||71.43% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Coenzyme q10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 20.00%)
- Scab (1 people, 10.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 10.00%)
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 10.00%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (4 people, 40.00%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 40.00%)
- Lipitor (3 people, 30.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (3 people, 30.00%)
- Omeprazole (3 people, 30.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Coenzyme Q10?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coenzyme q10 and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Coenzyme q10
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
In last year my hair texture is changing to fine and frizzy. Breaks easily and increasing hair loss, especially around face and sides of head.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
losing hair when I go on coq10, second time this is happening. Coq10 has been effective treating hear palpitation.
From this study (7 months ago):
Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.
help on Apr, 9, 2014:
hair loss maybe due to thyroid issues?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Coenzyme q10, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
More reviews for: Coenzyme q10, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Coenzyme Q10 (coenzyme q - 10) is often used for health. Find out below the conditions Coenzyme Q10 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Coenzyme Q10 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (10 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (10 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (33 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- High Blood Sugar
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Cocaine Abuse