Review: could Colchicine cause Hernia - hiatal (Hiatal hernia)?
Summary: Hernia - hiatal is reported only by a few people who take Colchicine.
We study 1,356 people who have side effects while taking Colchicine from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Hernia - hiatal. Find out below who they are, when they have Hernia - hiatal and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Colchicine and have Hernia - hiatal >>>
Colchicine has active ingredients of colchicine. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from Colchicine 1,661 users)
Hernia - hiatal
Hernia - hiatal (hiatal hernia is the protrusion (or herniation) of the upper part of the stomach into the thorax through a tear or weakness in the diaphragm) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Hernia - hiatal 11,343 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 1,354 people reported to have side effects when taking Colchicine. Among them, 2 people (0.15%) have Hernia - Hiatal.
Time on Colchicine when people have Hernia - hiatal * :
Gender of people who have Hernia - hiatal when taking Colchicine * :
|Hernia - hiatal||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Hernia - hiatal when taking Colchicine * :
|Hernia - hiatal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Hernia - hiatal when taking Colchicine ** :
How people recovered from Hernia - hiatal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Poor quality sleep (1 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin b12 decreased (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diazepam (2 people, 100.00%)
- Omeprazole (2 people, 100.00%)
- Duloxetine hydrochloride (1 people, 50.00%)
- Clonidine hcl (1 people, 50.00%)
- Morphine sulfate (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hernia - Hiatal while taking Colchicine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Colchicine and have Hernia - Hiatal
- support group for people who take Colchicine
- support group for people who have Hernia - Hiatal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long will diarrhoea last from taking colcrys
(Asked by a 76 year old man who has Diarrhoea Infectious, and takes Colcrys)
Have had diarrhoea since I started taking colcrys 3 weeks ago.
- Can anyone recommend any natural remedys and what foods to avoid
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Hiatus Hernia)
I had a G1 upper endoscopy done had barium meal done etc have hiatus hernia and acid reflux the burning is all down left hand side of body I am on 2x40mg of omeprazole can anyone give me any advice,thank you
- Can colcrys help with the continued scarring from pyloric stenosis
(Asked by a 79 year old woman who has Pyloric Ulcer, and takes Colcrys)
I have had 6 endoscopys in 3 months and scarring keeps closing. Recent dilation to 15mm and steroid injections. I will do anything to avoid surgery. Colcrys has been suggested by Md. Will it help/hurt. Anyone with this experience? Many thanks
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Migraines 7/24, Loss Of Balance, Thalmic Stroke, Hiatal Hernia, High Blood Pressure, Rapid Heart Beat, S.L.E., Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Raynauds, Asthma, Muscle Weakness, PFO, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Back Pain, Involuntary Tremors Occasionally, Knee Pain)
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
- Can a spleenectomy cause a hiatal hernia
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Hiatal Hernia, and takes Omeprazole)
I had my spleen removed in 1977 and immediately started getting heartburn when I bent over swam or was horizontal. The Navy said it would go away with time and it did somewhat with changes to my diet and a truckload of antacids. I now am on omeprazole and it is better but the VA is charging me f ...
More questions for: Colchicine, Hernia - hiatal
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
(Posted by a 21 year old man who has Reflux Oesophagitis, Hernia - Hiatal, and takes Nexium)
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 ...
More reviews for: Colchicine, Hernia - hiatal
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Restoril, Colchicine, Alprazolam, Lipitor, Testosterone Cypionate, Cytomel, Synthroid, Provigil, Celebrex, Plaquenil, Symbicort, Flonase, Combivent, Metformin, Furosemide, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Oxycodone, Lovenox, Plavix, Coumadin, Humira for a patient with Hypovitaminosis, Middle Insomnia, Gout - Acute, Stress And Anxiety, Hypercholesterolemia, Blood Testosterone Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Somnolence, Pain Management, Lupus-like Syndrome, Asthma, Nasal Decongestion Therapy, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Kidney Disease, Essential Hypertension, Breakthrough Pain, Hypercoagulable States, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Arthritis - Psoriatic. The patient has Myelomalacia, Sensory Disturbance, Hyperacusis, Tinnitus, Vision Impairment, Speech Impairment (adult), Muscle Twitching, Depression, Short-term Memory Loss, Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Gait Abnormal, Tremor, Hyporeflexia, Cognitive Deterioration
Comments: Items in section 3 are currently under evaluation. Most began to emerge, subtly, approximately 11 years ago and have intensified over the past 2-3 years. Myelomalacia involving a 9.5-cm segment of the posterior column of the spinal cord was demonstrated on MRI 2 weeks ago.
- A study of drug interactions between Soma, Colcrys, Valium, Tramadol, OxyContin, Lipitor, Benicar, Amiloride Hydrochloride, Furosemide for a patient with Chronic Interstitial Cystitis, Gout, Stomach Pain, Fibromyalsia, Interstitial Cystitis (ic), High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Pkd, Water Retention Pkd. The patient has Severe Stomach Pain; Begins On Left Side; Stomach Bloats;
Comments: I am unable to bed over to pull weeds. Sometimes odors bring on stomach pain. Colcrys seems to make it go away. It started out pain every six months, then four months, now at least two to three times a week. Sometimes the pain puts me in bed for a week.
- A study of drug interactions between Sotalol Hydrochloride, Celebrex, Zestoretic, Lipitor, Allopurinol, Colchicine, Nexium, Coumadin for a patient with Arrhythmia, Back Pain/, Blood Pressure Management, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Gouty Arthritis, Acid Reflux, Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
Comments: I tried to modify my first report but couldn't t so I must add that my main problem at this point is low blood pressure. my range is now between 103-to 110 high and my low is 60 -75. Pulse varies from 47 to 60.I also have arrhythmia which I think is due to excessive dehydration under physical exerc ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Zestoretic, Lipitor, Allopurinol, Colchicine, Nexium, Coumadin for a patient with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Gouty Arthritis, Acid Reflux, Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Arythemia, Blood Pressure Decreased
Comments: My assumption is that when I train at the gym or work physically hard and sweat the zestoretic which is part water eliminator is too much. I assume blood pressure and water retention in my case should be separate. My doctor has concerns with celebrex and Coumadin but I have not seen any change in th ...
More related studies for: Colchicine, Hernia - hiatal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.