Review: could Colcrys cause Blood pressure increased (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure increased is found among people who take Colcrys, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Allopurinol, and have High blood pressure.
We study 562 people who have side effects while taking Colcrys from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Blood pressure increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Colcrys and have Blood pressure increased >>>
Colcrys has active ingredients of colchicine. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from 604 Colcrys users)
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 329,819 Blood pressure increased patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 562 people reported to have side effects when taking Colcrys. Among them, 21 people (3.74%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Colcrys when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||50.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Colcrys * :
|Blood pressure increased||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Colcrys * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||13.64%||9.09%||68.18% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Colcrys ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (11 people, 52.38%)
- Gout (7 people, 33.33%)
- Antidepressant therapy (5 people, 23.81%)
- Liver disorder (5 people, 23.81%)
- Feeling of relaxation (5 people, 23.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allopurinol (13 people, 61.90%)
- Vitamin d (8 people, 38.10%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 38.10%)
- Lovaza (7 people, 33.33%)
- Vitamin e (6 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of colcrys and blood pressure increased on
Do you have Blood Pressure Increased while taking Colcrys?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Colcrys and have Blood Pressure Increased
- support group for people who take Colcrys
- support group for people who have Blood Pressure Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Colchicine for a 60-year old man with Gout. The patient has Sore Throat
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 36-year old woman with Postpartum State. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Felodipine, Atenolol, Ramipril, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 for a 43-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back. The patient has Adrenal Mass, High Blood Pressure, Herniated Intervertebral Disk
Recent Colcrys related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metformin, Ceftazidime, Furosemide, Colchicine, Gliclazide for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Colchicine for a 60-year old man who has Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
- Comparions of Thalomid, Mesalamine, Colchicine, Remicade for a 26-year old man who has Behcet's Syndrome
- Comparions of Colchicine, Dapsone for a 21-year old man who has Dermatitis - Allergic
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Plavix, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Colchicine for a 78-year old man who has Gouty Arthritis - Acute
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.