Review: could Combigan cause Nasal congestion?
Summary: Nasal congestion is reported only by a few people who take Combigan.
We study 1,218 people who have side effects while taking Combigan from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Nasal congestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Nasal congestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Combigan and have Nasal congestion >>>
Combigan has active ingredients of brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate. It is often used in glaucoma. (latest outcomes from Combigan 1,286 users)
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems.(latest reports from Nasal congestion 13,433 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 1,217 people reported to have side effects when taking Combigan. Among them, 4 people (0.33%) have Nasal Congestion.
Time on Combigan when people have Nasal congestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nasal congestion||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Combigan * :
|Nasal congestion||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Combigan * :
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Severity of Nasal congestion when taking Combigan ** :
How people recovered from Nasal congestion ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Glaucoma (4 people, 100.00%)
- Thyroid disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lumigan (2 people, 50.00%)
- Norvasc (1 people, 25.00%)
- Metoprolol succinate (1 people, 25.00%)
- Plavix (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nasal Congestion while taking Combigan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Combigan and have Nasal Congestion
- support group for people who take Combigan
- support group for people who have Nasal Congestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Nasal Congestion, and takes Finasteride)
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal
- Alternative to travatan z & combigan
(Asked by a 90 year old woman who has Charles Bonnet Syndrome, and takes Travatan Z, Combigan)
My mother suffers from Charles Bonnet Syndrome, related to a glaucoma operation, that was done a year and a half ago. Is there any alternatives to the aforementioned drugs, or due to these eye drops eventually will deteriorate her vision, what happens if she quit using them all together?
- Experience blocked nose and force air out to breathe.nasal discharge is white and not thick.if after food, nose is blocked, i vomit. even in mornings, without eating, sometimes i vomit. which disease?
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Nasal Congestion, Vomiting, Nasal Septum Deviation)
Experience blocked nose and force air out to breathe.Nasal discharge is white and not thick.If after food, nose is blocked, I vomit. Even in mornings, without eating, sometimes I vomit. I contacted doctor and he asked for nose X-ray which confirmed deviated septum. Which Disease is this and how can ...
- I use combigan, azopt and xalatan is there an order i should put them in?
(Asked by a 89 year old woman who has Glaucoma, and takes Azopt, Combigan, Xalatan)
I use 3 eye drops - 2 other them twice a day and the xalatan once a day but One doctor has told me to put the xalatan in first thing in the morning then wait half an hour before putting the other two in. Now the pharmacist has advised that I put the other two drops in first thing in the morning then ...
- Besides the metalic taste does your bowel movement have a metalic smell?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Chest Congestion, Nasal Congestion)
Have had fever off and on with chest congestion for 12 weeks. Have had 3 chest x-rays and 3 routines of antibiotics. Have been taking Musinex DM almost daily per doctors orders. Have had metalic taste within the first month of taking Musinex DM and also notice bowel movement smells different - ki ...
More questions for: Combigan, Nasal congestion
More reviews for: Combigan, Nasal congestion
- A study of drug interactions between Letrozole, Aredia, Navelbine for a patient with Breast Cancer Metastatic, Bone Cancer Metastatic, Metastases To Bone. The patient has Stuffy Nose
Comments: Discharge of yellow and green,keep telling me its sinus infection.Been using the nedi-pod for months not helping.I have to use 2 a day just to get a relief to sleep at night.Had a steriod nasal spray and antibiotics for sinuse that didn't work.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin C, Omeprazole, Multivitamin, Clonazepam for a patient with Health, Gerd, Panic Attacks. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Aches And Pains In Bones, Tiredness, Head Discomfort, Pain In Jaw, Nausea
Comments: After tapering off the clonazepam I started to feel this way 2 days later. I also had mild sleep interruption and dripping in my throat. I am currently back on the clonazepam to taper off more. Symptoms are worsening.
- A study of side effects of Valtrex for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Itching, Migraine (headache), Joint Stiffness, Muscle Stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain), Stuffy Nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels)
Comments: Recurrent shingles for last 1-2 years with them now coming almost as soon as I am off the 7 days 3000 gram course. Two weeks ago during the 5th day of the 3000 per day, I awoke and the muscles of my lower extremities were so tight and rigid I could hardly bend to move. Painful to get around, could b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Combigan, Travatan Z for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has
Comments: In June of 2012 my mother had an operation to relieve pressure from both of her eyes. Since then she has experienced hallucinations, ie: Charles Bonnet syndrome.
I am aware that both of these eye drops can cause these symptoms, and would like to find out if there are any other alternatives, in lieu ...
- A study of side effects of Combigan for a patient with Open Angle Glaucoma. The patient has
Comments: I have high blood pressure and take Tekturna 75mg 1X daily.
I have been using Lumigan 0.01% 2.5ML for one year.
I have shortness of breath from a paralyzed diaphram and partially collapsed lung
I have been told, via fluroscope, the diaphram is no longer paralyzed and the lung is open. Why still ...
More related studies for: Combigan, Nasal congestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.