Review: could Concerta cause Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)?
Summary: Anxiety is found among people who take Concerta, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prozac, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 8,689 people who have side effects while taking Concerta from FDA and social media. Among them, 366 have Anxiety. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Concerta and have Anxiety >>>
Concerta has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Concerta 10,412 users)
Anxiety has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain.(latest reports from Anxiety 197,075 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 8,689 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta. Among them, 366 people (4.21%) have Anxiety.
Time on Concerta when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Concerta * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Concerta * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Concerta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (252 people, 68.85%)
- Depression (88 people, 24.04%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (36 people, 9.84%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (36 people, 9.84%)
- Ill-defined disorder (18 people, 4.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prozac (65 people, 17.76%)
- Paxil (55 people, 15.03%)
- Singulair (48 people, 13.11%)
- Abilify (48 people, 13.11%)
- Azithromycin (45 people, 12.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anxiety while taking Concerta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Concerta and have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Concerta
- support group for people who have Anxiety
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does doxepin cause abdominal adhesions?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Anxiety)
Have had adhesions and still taking doxepin. Need the doxepin, but worry about more adhesions
- Could ritalin cause temporary dementia in elderly
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Temporary Dementia Type Symptoms, and takes Ritalin)
I had a period of dementia that lasted for the better part of a day. I was brought to the hospital because they thought I was having a stroke. I have no memory of the event until I was in the hospital. I had been prescribed Ritalin because I have become unable to concentrate as well as I once could. That started about ten years ago and it was also had a very sudden onset, after a case of the flu.
A Psychiatrist prescribed a dosage of Methylphenidate to be taken twice a day. I had a really hectic day ahead and thought that if I took both of them at once, it would help me get through the ordeal. I am under a lot of stress and thought it may help me cope. I have since thrown them out because the condition started about an hour after I took them according to family members. I don't remember the dosage, but I think it was a lower dosage because I had just started taking them on an "as needed basis." The doctor knew that I was going to use them for that purpose. I used them twice before (at the correct dosage) when I had to concentrate on paperwork, etc. They caused irregular heartbeat and a little bit of anxiety, but they did help me concentrate. The hospital tests ruled out a stroke or TIA. My thyroid level was off and the doctor at the hospital told me to stop the thyroid medication (Armour Thyroid) until I could see my family doctor and be retested. This all happened about five days ago. I'm back to what I consider normal now. Could that episode have been caused by the Ritalin?
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Muscle Tightness, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Ptsd, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Bulimia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, ADHD, and takes Nuvigil, Prozac, Flexeril, Topamax, Xanax, Adderall 30)
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had it lowered to 20mg, I've TRIED to go months without it (when not working) however I feel I've built up a tolerance level to the point that it's not as effective as it once was. My personal life has detoured WAY past anything an ADHD medication can possibly help as far as focusing on NEEDED tasks etc. I end up feeling wrapped up in what I'm doing at the moment that my anxiety increases due to all that I haven't been able to accomplish. I take various medications for various reasons, depression, anxiety, bulimia etc., and for the most part the doses have varied based on circumstances and current need at said time of prescription.. MY FAMILY HAS A HISTORY OF HEART DISEASE, And realizing that I'm already on the highest Adderall dosage scares me (and THEN as I think about it, it makes my heart race!). I've also noticed increased muscle spasms as well as extreme and intense pressure on my jaw (TMJ). MY QUESTION IS: does anyone have any experience LOWERING their Adderall dosage AND adding Nuvigil? The research I've done to date gives me impression that it could help balance out the more extreme effects of Adderall (60mg/day) but that the nuvigil would or could potentially help with the EXTREME exhaustion I feel as Adderall wears off. Some days I just crash, some days I sleep fine and others no matter how hard I tryyyy, I just CAN'T fall asleep, therefore making the next day worse! IDEALLY I'D LIKE TO BE MED FREE, right now I need them, but am hoping maybe I can speak with my doctor to lower Adderall and add Nuvigil to help wean me off the amphetamines as well as lower dosage intake. YES, a lot of the anxiety, sleeplessness and depression are related to current circumstances in my life, however, where I am is not where I want to be or where I'm headed.. Life is a journey, and all my meds have become a part of a journey I never thought I'd find myself taking. I don't want life/meds to define me, or create a me I no longer recognize, because scarily enough that seems to be a common pattern. As I overcome each and every daily obstacle, I also don't want to be "hooked" on my meds or needing "more" to wake up/sleep/function.. I'd like to work on finding a solution towards weaning off my meds NOW, and work my way off slowly, primarily the Adderall. I'm hoping by suggesting to my doctor and showing him my research he may agree (IF ITS EVEN A LOGICAL COMBO, CLEARLY IM NOT A DOCTOR) nuvigil could help me. I've already started taking less of my anti depressants, trazadone and xanax without discussing with doc because he is always busy.. My next appt I want to go in fully prepared with a plan and an overall goal to REDUCE my Adderall dose, but overall, I'm clueless!!! I have no idea what other meds other than nuvigil "could" potentially help if at all. I could be entirely wrong, Anyone with any experience using one vs other or both simultaneously, or anyone with constructive input, PLEASE COMMENT/SHARE!!
- What is the reaction to vivitrol and ritalin?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Drug Addiction, and takes Seroquel, Vivitrol, Ritalin)
25 year old client in early recovery from opioid dependence takes ritalin and seroquel and wants to add vivitrol. What are the risks and side effects?
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Ativan)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am
Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
More questions for: Concerta, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has COPD, PTSD, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Dysthymia, and takes Simvastatin, Daytrana, Klonopin, Concerta, Lamictal Xr, Prozac)
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
(Posted by a 18 year old boy who has (FR) TDAH, and takes Ritalin)
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam at all...
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Anxiety, and takes Xanax)
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off the meds for several years, I have a lot on my mind, aging parents and mother in law, kids in college that are struggling, my wife and I are 55 in corporate America, getting pushed aside, what to do in retirement, etc..but I was keeping it all together. I have incredibly anxious since that night. Still waking up at 3 am every night. Initially lots of thoughts about my loved ones dying. Thoughts about either my wife or I living alone, these thoughts have faded. None of the issues are on my mind but I get crazy anxious and cannot be alone. I am able to fall asleep, actually fall out really hard. Wake up every night at 3 and end up very anxious by noon. No appetite, lost more than 10 lbs in 10 days. On some meds to calm down and back on the anxiety meds. I believe the Lipitor triggered the attacks. I stopped the Lipitor immediately.
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Concerta, Anxiety
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Had stomach adhesions in April, 2014 - subsided after 3 days in hospital. Tried to get off doxepin, but felt overwhelmed with anxiety -family doctor put me back on Doxepin after trying other anti-anxiety meds. What are chances that Doxepin caused adhesions?
- Re-Pneumothorax 10 years after first and only spontaneous pneumothorax about 8 month after starting therapy with Concerta. Needed re-surgery (thoracoscopy, talk pleurodesis). Hospital stay 6 days. Probably now relation to drug intake.
- Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- Ive been dizzy and lightheaded for 2 days . It moves from the back of my head to the front. I feel alot of pressure. I take a .5 mg of lexapro at noon daily. I split .25 xanax in half and take half in the morning and half at night before bed to help me sleep.
the symptoms get worse whenIm at work, ...
More related studies for: Concerta, Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.