Home > Concerta > Constipation > Concerta and Constipation
Review: could Concerta cause Constipation?
We study 8,680 people who have side effects while taking Concerta from FDA and social media. Among them, 117 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Concerta and have Constipation >>>
Concerta (latest outcomes from 10,393 users) has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 8,668 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta. Among them, 118 people (1.36%) have Constipation.
Time on Concerta when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Concerta * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Concerta * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Concerta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (30 people, 25.42%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (24 people, 20.34%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (24 people, 20.34%)
- Metastases to bone (15 people, 12.71%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 8.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (49 people, 41.53%)
- Ambien (40 people, 33.90%)
- Diflucan (39 people, 33.05%)
- Faslodex (36 people, 30.51%)
- Aspirin (33 people, 27.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Concerta?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Concerta and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Concerta
- support group for people who have Constipation
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Concerta, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Seroquel made me weird, indifferent to everything.
With constant anxiety. I found myself not wanting to be nice to my family, hearting them and seeing the consecuences later , rather than before. I remember wearing a wig to the nutritionist, "just because".
More reviews for: Concerta, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Concerta (methylphenidate hydrochloride) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Concerta is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Concerta used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycontin, Concerta, Zoloft, Zoloft, Diflucan, Lasix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Pmdd, Depression - Chronic, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Hereditary Angioedema. The patient has Swelling, Constipation, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Pain, Muscle Weakness, Muscle Spasms, Cognitive Deterioration
More related studies for: Concerta, Constipation
Recent Concerta related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Concerta, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.