Home > Concerta > Hallucination > Concerta and Hallucination
Review: could Concerta cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Concerta, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ritalin, and have Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
We study 8,680 people who have side effects while taking Concerta from FDA and social media. Among them, 189 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Concerta and have Hallucination >>>
Concerta (latest outcomes from 10,399 users) has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) (latest reports from 169,806 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, parkinson's disease, quit smoking.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 8,668 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta. Among them, 212 people (2.45%) have Hallucination.
Time on Concerta when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Concerta * :
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Concerta * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Concerta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (139 people, 65.57%)
- Depression (18 people, 8.49%)
- Aggression (8 people, 3.77%)
- Pain (7 people, 3.30%)
- Nausea (6 people, 2.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ritalin (19 people, 8.96%)
- Strattera (16 people, 7.55%)
- Tenex (11 people, 5.19%)
- Risperdal (10 people, 4.72%)
- Ativan (9 people, 4.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination while taking Concerta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Concerta and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Concerta
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- The appetite suppressant effects of ephedrine have worn off just starting concerta will it suppress my appetite?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who takes Concerta)
Just wondering if I have developed tolerance to ephedrine (quantified as a return of appetite) will the stimulant effects of concerta work on me
- Can you split the tablet of limitical 200mg?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Sweating - Excessive, and takes Ritalin La)
I have taken 150mg or 200mg of lamitical for 25 years. I am now spliting the 200 tablet in half to make 300mg. Started sweating big time.
- Is it safe to take unisom on top of vyvanse
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Wired , Exhausted , and takes Ritalin, Vyvanse )
I have took 5 ritalin 20mg and 2 30 mg vyvanse since early this morning. It is now 1:00in the morning, I'm very tired. I have 2 toddlers that I have to take carevof. Just wanting to know if it is ok to take some unison now so I can get some sleep
- Concerta and extreme rage
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has ADHD, and takes Concerta)
My 18yr old son has been on 54mg of Concerta for 5+ years now, he suddenly started complaining to me that he was not feeling that it slowed him down like usual to concentrate ect he said it made him depressed down. He stopped taking it for over 3 weeks, then randomly yesterday he decided to take it ...
- If i'm on birth control (alesse) will taking concerta together put me at a high risk of getting pregnant?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who takes Concerta, Alesse)
I take alesse, birth control but if I take concerta for ADHD will it put me at risk of getting pregnant?
More questions for: Concerta, Hallucination
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
(Posted by a 18 year old boy who has (FR) TDAH, and takes Ritalin)
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam at all...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Seroquel made me weird, indifferent to everything.
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Schizotypal Personality Disorder, and takes Concerta)
With constant anxiety. I found myself not wanting to be nice to my family, hearting them and seeing the consecuences later , rather than before. I remember wearing a wig to the nutritionist, "just because".
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Hallucinations, and takes Valium)
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint an ...
- Temporal lobe epilepsy in concerta
(Posted by a 8 year old boy who has ADHD, and takes Concerta)
My son is 8 years old and has ADHD with severe hyperactivity and impulsivity. He has been on meds since he was 5. We started with Foculin, switched to Daytrana patch and just recently (with the help of his Psychiatrist) decided to try Concerta. We stopped the Daytrana and began titration onto Conc ...
More reviews for: Concerta, Hallucination
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Ritalin, Bitter Orange, Ginseng, Panax, Caffeine Anhydrous, Losartan for a patient with Narcolepsy, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: ***comments for Modafinil only***
I do not mix my meds. I take only 1 med a day however it is prescribed. The Adderall and or Ritalin only last 3 or 4 hours and it's not worth taking. I've been on the natural supplements all my life and except for occasional kidney discomfort I have been thankful t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Actifed, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Sertraline, Alprazolam for a patient with Allergic Respiratory Disease, Inflammation, Fever, Chronic Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Mental Status Changes, Depression Aggravated, Psychosis Aggravated, Hallucination, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Feeling Of Despair, Dizziness, Psychotic Behaviour, Changes In Consciousness, Irritability, Feeling Of Despair, Confusion Aggravated
Comments: Do not take Actifed (pills) if you're under alprazolam treatment, especially if you're having a high dosis of the benzodiazepine (or if you're being treated for a long time). The psychiatric effects can be devastating and your anxiety disorder and/or depression can get much worse.
Unentencionally ( ...
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ritalin, Glyburide, Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Sinus Congestion
Comments: I started have dry sinuses this past summer. Then it was congested all the time. So my doctor referred me to a specialist. I have seen him 3 times and he just gave me nasonex. It just eases the congestion but it doesnt solve it. There seems to be no moisture at all in the my nose. I bougth a hum ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Metformin, Concerta for a patient with Hypertension, Pcos, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Self-induced Vomiting, Chronic Depression, Anxiety, Self Mutilation, Appetite - Decreased, Suicidal Behaviour, Irritability
Comments: * Pre-Diabetic
* 201 lbs
* Two 18mg of Concerta (Morning dosage)
* 1 Metformin (Night dose -- not taken every night)
I'm worried about my appetite. For a while now I have been noticing a decrease-- I barely eat. The trouble is determining whether it is the medication I take, an eating disorder ...
More related studies for: Concerta, Hallucination
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.