Review: could Concerta cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Concerta, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ritalin, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 8,734 people who have side effects while taking Concerta from FDA and social media. Among them, 212 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Concerta and have Hallucination >>>
Concerta has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 10,462 Concerta users)
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, quit smoking, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 30,204 Hallucination patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 8,726 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta. Among them, 212 people (2.43%) have Hallucination.
Time on Concerta when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Concerta * :
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Concerta * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Concerta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (139 people, 65.57%)
- Depression (18 people, 8.49%)
- Aggression (8 people, 3.77%)
- Pain (7 people, 3.30%)
- Nausea (6 people, 2.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ritalin (19 people, 8.96%)
- Strattera (16 people, 7.55%)
- Tenex (11 people, 5.19%)
- Risperdal (10 people, 4.72%)
- Ativan (9 people, 4.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of concerta and hallucination on
Do you have Hallucination while taking Concerta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Concerta and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Concerta
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of 5-L-Hydroxytryptophan for a 18-year old girl with Depression. The patient has Hallucination
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 42-year old woman with Disturbance In Attention. The patient has Chest Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
Recent Concerta related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.