Review: could Concerta cause Sinus tachycardia?
Summary: Sinus tachycardia is found among people who take Concerta, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aciphex, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 8,734 people who have side effects while taking Concerta from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Sinus tachycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Sinus tachycardia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Concerta and have Sinus tachycardia >>>
Concerta has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 10,455 Concerta users)
Sinus tachycardia (a heart rhythm with elevated rate of impulses originating from the sinoatrial node) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 10,036 Sinus tachycardia patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 8,734 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta. Among them, 20 people (0.23%) have Sinus Tachycardia.
Time on Concerta when people have Sinus tachycardia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sinus tachycardia||50.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sinus tachycardia when taking Concerta * :
|Sinus tachycardia||37.50%||62.50% |
Age of people who have Sinus tachycardia when taking Concerta * :
|Sinus tachycardia||0.00%||4.55%||50.00%||0.00%||22.73%||0.00%||18.18%||4.55% |
Severity of Sinus tachycardia when taking Concerta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sinus tachycardia||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sinus tachycardia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sinus tachycardia||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (10 people, 50.00%)
- Breast cancer (3 people, 15.00%)
- Obesity (3 people, 15.00%)
- Metastases to bone (3 people, 15.00%)
- Bipolar i disorder (3 people, 15.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aciphex (4 people, 20.00%)
- Percocet (4 people, 20.00%)
- Effexor (4 people, 20.00%)
- Fenofibrate (3 people, 15.00%)
- Vicodin (3 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of concerta and sinus tachycardia on
Do you have Sinus Tachycardia while taking Concerta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Concerta and have Sinus Tachycardia
- support group for people who take Concerta
- support group for people who have Sinus Tachycardia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 15-year old boy with ADHD. The patient has Tic
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Concerta for a 11-year old boy with Anxiety, Add. The patient has Nail Picking
Recent Concerta related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.