Review: could Concerta cause Slurred speech (Speech impairment (adult))?
Summary: Slurred speech is found among people who take Concerta, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Strattera, and have Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
We study 8,689 people who have side effects while taking Concerta from FDA and social media. Among them, 87 have Slurred speech. Find out below who they are, when they have Slurred speech and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Concerta and have Slurred speech >>>
Concerta has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Concerta 10,412 users)
Slurred speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Slurred speech 31,170 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 8,689 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta. Among them, 87 people (1.00%) have Slurred Speech.
Time on Concerta when people have Slurred speech * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Slurred speech||7.69%||7.69%||7.69%||7.69%||53.85%||7.69%||7.69% |
Gender of people who have Slurred speech when taking Concerta * :
|Slurred speech||32.77%||67.23% |
Age of people who have Slurred speech when taking Concerta * :
|Slurred speech||0.00%||19.15%||35.11%||19.15%||13.83%||6.38%||3.19%||3.19% |
Severity of Slurred speech when taking Concerta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Slurred speech||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Slurred speech ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Slurred speech||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (59 people, 67.82%)
- Depression (15 people, 17.24%)
- Bipolar disorder (13 people, 14.94%)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (12 people, 13.79%)
- Multiple sclerosis (8 people, 9.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Strattera (22 people, 25.29%)
- Methylphenidate hcl (17 people, 19.54%)
- Abilify (13 people, 14.94%)
- Lamictal (13 people, 14.94%)
- Ritalin (13 people, 14.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Slurred Speech while taking Concerta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Concerta and have Slurred Speech
- support group for people who take Concerta
- support group for people who have Slurred Speech
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the reaction to vivitrol and ritalin?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Drug Addiction, and takes Seroquel, Vivitrol, Ritalin)
25 year old client in early recovery from opioid dependence takes ritalin and seroquel and wants to add vivitrol. What are the risks and side effects?
- The appetite suppressant effects of ephedrine have worn off just starting concerta will it suppress my appetite?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who takes Concerta)
Just wondering if I have developed tolerance to ephedrine (quantified as a return of appetite) will the stimulant effects of concerta work on me
- Can you split the tablet of limitical 200mg?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Sweating - Excessive, and takes Ritalin La)
I have taken 150mg or 200mg of lamitical for 25 years. I am now spliting the 200 tablet in half to make 300mg. Started sweating big time.
- Is it safe to take unisom on top of vyvanse
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Wired , Exhausted , and takes Ritalin, Vyvanse )
I have took 5 ritalin 20mg and 2 30 mg vyvanse since early this morning. It is now 1:00in the morning, I'm very tired. I have 2 toddlers that I have to take carevof. Just wanting to know if it is ok to take some unison now so I can get some sleep
- Concerta and extreme rage (3 answers)
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has ADHD, and takes Concerta)
My 18yr old son has been on 54mg of Concerta for 5+ years now, he suddenly started complaining to me that he was not feeling that it slowed him down like usual to concentrate ect he said it made him depressed down. He stopped taking it for over 3 weeks, then randomly yesterday he decided to take it ...
More questions for: Concerta, Slurred speech
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
(Posted by a 18 year old boy who has (FR) TDAH, and takes Ritalin)
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam at all...
- Seroquel made me weird, indifferent to everything.
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Schizotypal Personality Disorder, and takes Concerta)
With constant anxiety. I found myself not wanting to be nice to my family, hearting them and seeing the consecuences later , rather than before. I remember wearing a wig to the nutritionist, "just because".
- Temporal lobe epilepsy in concerta (1 response)
(Posted by a 8 year old boy who has ADHD, and takes Concerta)
My son is 8 years old and has ADHD with severe hyperactivity and impulsivity. He has been on meds since he was 5. We started with Foculin, switched to Daytrana patch and just recently (with the help of his Psychiatrist) decided to try Concerta. We stopped the Daytrana and began titration onto Conc ...
- Stay away from lisinopril
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Dysarthria, and takes Lisinopril)
I move slowly and talk much slower than I used to. A friend of mine helped me find this site. I was taking 40mg of lisinopril for years when all of a sudden I had painful swelling in hands & feet which finally moved to my face. At that point I got scared and went to the E(mergency) R(oom) after I sa ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders. (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Spondylolysis, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Lordosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Chronic Sinusitis, Chronic Gastritis, Insomnia, and takes Fentanyl, Gabapentin, Concerta, Cymbalta, Norco, Baclofen, Loratadine, Flonase, Omeprazole, Melatonin)
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Concerta, Slurred speech
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with Narcolepsy. The patient has Can't Move Fingers, Hands , Arms Intermittently
Comments: this has been going on for a year and a half where both of my hands and arms are completely useless for at least an hour a day. the past two weeks it has spread to my toes, feet, and legs, and now lasting 3 hours a day.
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Concerta for a patient with Depression, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite
Comments: I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity. The patient has Pain - Back
Comments: i get agressive my jaw locks up i get neck problems the pill did stop my growth. my skin is sensetive it turns red alot i get headaches quit a bit i have chest pains and i get nervous and twitch.sometimes i get dizzy and almost pass out i have breathing problems i am 21 but took ritalin at the age o ...
More related studies for: Concerta, Slurred speech
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.