Review: could Concerta cause Slurred speech (Speech impairment (adult))?
Summary: Slurred speech is found among people who take Concerta, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Strattera, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 8,734 people who have side effects while taking Concerta from FDA and social media. Among them, 87 have Slurred speech. Find out below who they are, when they have Slurred speech and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Concerta and have Slurred speech >>>
Concerta has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 10,462 Concerta users)
Slurred speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 31,351 Slurred speech patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 8,734 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta. Among them, 87 people (1.00%) have Slurred Speech.
Time on Concerta when people have Slurred speech * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Slurred speech||7.69%||7.69%||7.69%||7.69%||53.85%||7.69%||7.69% |
Gender of people who have Slurred speech when taking Concerta * :
|Slurred speech||32.77%||67.23% |
Age of people who have Slurred speech when taking Concerta * :
|Slurred speech||0.00%||19.15%||35.11%||19.15%||13.83%||6.38%||3.19%||3.19% |
Severity of Slurred speech when taking Concerta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Slurred speech||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Slurred speech ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Slurred speech||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (59 people, 67.82%)
- Depression (15 people, 17.24%)
- Bipolar disorder (13 people, 14.94%)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (12 people, 13.79%)
- Multiple sclerosis (8 people, 9.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Strattera (22 people, 25.29%)
- Methylphenidate hcl (17 people, 19.54%)
- Abilify (13 people, 14.94%)
- Lamictal (13 people, 14.94%)
- Ritalin (13 people, 14.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of concerta and slurred speech on
Do you have Slurred Speech while taking Concerta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Concerta and have Slurred Speech
- support group for people who take Concerta
- support group for people who have Slurred Speech
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 42-year old woman with Disturbance In Attention. The patient has Chest Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a 21-year old woman with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
Recent Concerta related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.