Home > Copaxone > Immunosuppression > Copaxone and Immunosuppression
Review: could Copaxone cause Immunosuppression (Immunodeficiency disorders)?
Summary: Immunosuppression is found among people who take Copaxone, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Venlafaxine hcl, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 10,158 people who have side effects while taking Copaxone from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Immunosuppression. Find out below who they are, when they have Immunosuppression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Copaxone and have Immunosuppression >>>
Copaxone (latest outcomes from 10,374 users) has active ingredients of glatiramer acetate. It is often used in multiple sclerosis.
Immunosuppression (latest reports from 18,735 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 10,153 people reported to have side effects when taking Copaxone. Among them, 7 people (0.07%) have Immunosuppression.
Time on Copaxone when people have Immunosuppression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Immunosuppression when taking Copaxone * :
Age of people who have Immunosuppression when taking Copaxone * :
Severity of Immunosuppression when taking Copaxone ** :
How people recovered from Immunosuppression ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (6 people, 85.71%)
- Depression (4 people, 57.14%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Psoriasis (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Venlafaxine hcl (2 people, 28.57%)
- Venlafaxine (2 people, 28.57%)
- Baclofen (1 people, 14.29%)
- Carbamazepine (1 people, 14.29%)
- Folic acid (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Marie (3 years ago):
using Capaxone and have ongoing insommnia ... wondering if okay to take melatonin? thx
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Immunosuppression while taking Copaxone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Copaxone and have Immunosuppression
- support group for people who take Copaxone
- support group for people who have Immunosuppression
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Copaxone, Immunosuppression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
More reviews for: Copaxone, Immunosuppression
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Copaxone for a patient with Spasticity, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Heel Pain
Comments: Started with spasticity, in my legs about 5 months ago, now I have had physical therapy, and have developed intense heel pain for last 4 months. Dr's and nurses just keep telling me to use the baclofen and if needed a cane.
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Celexa, Copaxone, Ativan, Pentasa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse, Anxiety Disorder, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Myalgia, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Nerve Pain, Pain - Muscles
Comments: Was put on simvastatin for 5 days, when severe pain hit. Was taken off of it immediately. Put on steriods. SED rate elevated. Prednisone helped just a little, but when weaning down, pain got worse. It has been 6 weeks off medication.
- A study of drug interactions between Pregabalin, Copaxone, Baclofen for a patient with Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Belching, Eye Burning - Itching And Discharge
Comments: Just every think and belly always gassy and big
- A study of drug interactions between Pregabalin, Baclofen, Copaxone for a patient with Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has Eye Burning - Itching And Discharge, Weight Loss
Comments: Just every think
- A study of drug interactions between Motrin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Copaxone for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has Pitting Oedema
Comments: Edema is unilateral
More related studies for: Copaxone, Immunosuppression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Arrhythmia and Crestor
- Myalgia and Macrobid
- Loss Of Memory and Spironolactone
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (5 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (10 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)