Review: could Copaxone cause Immunosuppression (Immunodeficiency disorders)?
Summary: Immunosuppression is found among people who take Copaxone, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Venlafaxine hcl, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 10,158 people who have side effects while taking Copaxone from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Immunosuppression. Find out below who they are, when they have Immunosuppression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Copaxone and have Immunosuppression >>>
Copaxone has active ingredients of glatiramer acetate. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Copaxone 10,374 users)
Immunosuppression has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Immunosuppression 6,913 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 10,158 people reported to have side effects when taking Copaxone. Among them, 7 people (0.07%) have Immunosuppression.
Time on Copaxone when people have Immunosuppression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Immunosuppression when taking Copaxone * :
Age of people who have Immunosuppression when taking Copaxone * :
Severity of Immunosuppression when taking Copaxone ** :
How people recovered from Immunosuppression ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (6 people, 85.71%)
- Depression (4 people, 57.14%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Psoriasis (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Venlafaxine hcl (2 people, 28.57%)
- Venlafaxine (2 people, 28.57%)
- Baclofen (1 people, 14.29%)
- Carbamazepine (1 people, 14.29%)
- Folic acid (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Marie (3 years ago):
using Capaxone and have ongoing insommnia ... wondering if okay to take melatonin? thx
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Immunosuppression while taking Copaxone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Copaxone and have Immunosuppression
- support group for people who take Copaxone
- support group for people who have Immunosuppression
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Copaxone, Immunosuppression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the swelling?
If I haven't started using this site - my apologies!
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ppl are aware of. That there is a risk.
More reviews for: Copaxone, Immunosuppression
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Started with spasticity, in my legs about 5 months ago, now I have had physical therapy, and have developed intense heel pain for last 4 months. Dr's and nurses just keep telling me to use the baclofen and if needed a cane.
- Was put on simvastatin for 5 days, when severe pain hit. Was taken off of it immediately. Put on steriods. SED rate elevated. Prednisone helped just a little, but when weaning down, pain got worse. It has been 6 weeks off medication.
- I take Prozac for depression, Atenolol Chlorthalidone for hypertension, and Valium as needed for stress. I also Vasovagal when stressed, which is becoming more frequent as I get older. Can I take a Valium in preparation for stressful situations, or does that exacerbate my tendency to Vasovagal und ...
- 60 pills of 50mg prednisone for 3 days. The ringing started at the end of day 2 and worsened after day 3. I'm now done with pilla (day 4) and the ringing is more severe at times. There is a constant ringing, but at times it does get worse wgile simultaneously allpowing me to hear nore.
- After not taking injections(lost during travel) and on second day back into daily injections, wife had uncontrollable shakes and chills where she thought she was freezing to death but was warm to the touch. Chills lasted approximately 2 hours before settling down. The third time in four years this h ...
More related studies for: Copaxone, Immunosuppression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.